Well look-y there

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Amazing. I guess they are a Jekyll and Hyde type of a team.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
The basketball program isn’t dead after all.
I'm not by any means a basketball expert or scout but Tolu's vision today really helped. Seems that would be almost as important at next level as just being about just trying to max score every game.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It's so hard to call it. Beat Tennessee and Auburn yet lose to SC and Florida. Its a damn shame we couldn't beat Florida.
Tennessee and Auburn were at home while SC and Florida were on the road. Winning road games are hard. Ask Kentucky how hard it is to go into Columbia and win. Hell, Tennessee is struggling with freaking Vandy today.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah it's harder to win on the road. HardER. But good teams win some road games. These guys are good when they hustle and play hard. They suck when they play lazy. But thats 2 top ten teams they have beat. They have potential. 21 to.21 at half gave me some hope. That's our kinda game

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Yeah it's harder to win on the road. HardER. But good teams win some road games. These guys are good when they hustle and play hard. They suck when they play lazy. But thats 2 top ten teams they have beat. They have potential. 21 to.21 at half gave me some hope. That's our kinda game
Anytime we lose it’s because we didn’t play hard, according to you. We play hard, we win. We don’t play hard, we lose. No other factor. I wish it were that simplistic.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Cause everybody keeps saying that but that's not a good enough reason to just say oh well it was a road game. We still need to win a few of them. Old bump on a log ?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Anytime we lose it’s because we didn’t play hard, according to you. We play hard, we win. We don’t play hard, we lose. No other factor. I wish it were that simplistic.
Yeah I guess your right. Effort has little bearing on the outcome and hustle on defense doesn't matter. I'm sure that's exactly what Jans tells them. Probly tells them not to sweat the road games too. Probly why we go one and done in the tourney too. Road game

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Yeah I guess your right. Effort has little bearing on the outcome and hustle on defense doesn't matter. I'm sure that's exactly what Jans tells them. Probly tells them not to sweat the road games too. Probly why we go one and done in the tourney too. Road game
You’re so simple minded. We play hard in the games we lose too. There are other things that go into winning and losing basketball games than playing hard.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
You’re so simple minded. We play hard in the games we lose too. There are other things that go into winning and losing basketball games than playing hard.
You have never watched this team.and thought Tolu was not giving 100% ? Or that DJ wasn't playing as hard on D as he did the last game ? Have you ever listened to Jans speak after the game about effort ? Hustle? Maybe you are the simple minded one here. There are a lot of things but out hustling the other team is how we win. Its sure not from out talenting them. Maybe you need to open your eyes

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Nobody is saying effort doesn’t matter.

We are saying you are dumb because you think effort is the only or main reason we lost those road games.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Nobody is saying effort doesn’t matter.

We are saying you are dumb because you think effort is the only or main reason we lost those road games.
Only a moron would say it was the ONLY reason but it is the main reason. If you can't watch the game and see Tolu not making max effort under the goal or others not going all out for rebounds or players making lazy passes that become turnovers maybe you are the dumb one. I can only tell you what I see. I can't understand it for you and don't have enough crayons to draw a picture. Maybe you should listen to the coach talking about the games and see if his opinion matches yours. This team is not loaded with talent so outhustling the opponent is the only way they are gonna win. I'm done commenting back and forth with you on this topic. Pull your head out of your *** and consider my point of view. It's just my opinion and I think you are wrong.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Only a moron would say it was the ONLY reason but it is the main reason. If you can't watch the game and see Tolu not making max effort under the goal or others not going all out for rebounds or players making lazy passes that become turnovers maybe you are the dumb one. I can only tell you what I see. I can't understand it for you and don't have enough crayons to draw a picture. Maybe you should listen to the coach talking about the games and see if his opinion matches yours. This team is not loaded with talent so outhustling the opponent is the only way they are gonna win. I'm done commenting back and forth with you on this topic. Pull your head out of your *** and consider my point of view. It's just my opinion and I think you are wrong.
It’s really easy to blame a lack of effort when you see a loss

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Amazing. I guess they are a Jekyll and Hyde type of a team.
We play great at home, but struggle on the road.

I was at the Tenn game (dropping my son off in Starkville) and it was AMAZING! Will be back for Arky in mid-February for my daughter’s College of Engineering visit. Hopefully we can take care of business in that one too.

Reactions: onewoof

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
The only way to describe this is the team has been way different on the road vs home. Two top 10 wins at home and another near-miss we let get away from us at the FT line. Then every true road game we have barely looked competitive. Seems to be the case with everyone this season in the SEC. If we can just figure out a way to bring the defensive intensity on the road

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The only way to describe this is the team has been way different on the road vs home. Two top 10 wins at home and another near-miss we let get away from us at the FT line. Then every true road game we have barely looked competitive. Seems to be the case with everyone this season in the SEC. If we can just figure out a way to bring the defensive intensity on the road

Top 10 team at home. On the road we drop to somewhere around 100 to 150 out of 350.

Need to work on this as we hopefully squeak into the tourney.

We can win a road game, it just takes an entirely different focus than we have had. I think sometimes the players think even if they scratch, claw and fight on the road it won't be enough, so why bother... they will lose anyway.

We need an ego boost of going on the road and feeling what it feels like to beat the team, the crowd and the refs. It is a great feeling. Timmy Bowers and team had that mentality, like they went on the road to slay and crush, they won every single road game. Unreal toughness.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login