Well that sucked. At least I had a few more beers today

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
but yesterday was worse. Coaches blew that with pitching decisions. A loss lilke that affects a lot of college kids and and our bats looked like the pre-Tulane 2022 season minus one or two games against nobody all that good. No momentum for Game 3 after that loss. It's looks like we're hoping starters are gonna get us 7 innings, and our best guy and best player is likely gone for the year (and maybe for good). Tulane threw a guy with an ERA around 5 and we couldn't do anything for four innings. Their bullpen is worse than ours and we still lost. We're an average team with limited pitching and you could see that Lemonis wasn't looking forward to pulling Smith (he had a decent game, threw strikes all day, had a few bad pitches and scattered some hits). We've had enough games for Lemonis to know there's no one to rely on besides the other Smith and Simmons and now we need a new Friday guy (what happened to Fristoe?). Cannzaro took a team with Pilkington, Mangum and Rooker and some weak arms to a Super Regional (and yes we know what happened the following year). I don't see that happening this year. We've got a few good players but no Mangum, no Rowdy and no Tanner (well, Logan is reliable). No SEC player of the year is on this roster. It's early and there's the season is long and I know there are some on here dismissing what we've seen cause it's early and the bats will get hot and pitching will come around, and we started slow before and Rowdy was awful until SEC play, etc. I think it might be a really long season this year and one that ends in Hoover. Not sure if Lemonis can turn this around. He's got a Natty so he's here for a while. He wins when he has talent. But this year, I'd bet money Howland has a better winning percentage than Lemonis and we need a new basketball coach. Didn't expect this after last year and after the last few years.

WutheringDawg

Dec 4, 2010
There’s a lot going on in this diarrhea salad of a post.

Yeah things feel bad right now but I’m not ready too call it a season after three weeks. We hit the ball all over the park this weekend but today they just found Tulane gloves. The bats are fine and will continue to improve as James and Clark wake up. Also need to find a way to get Aaron Downs in the lineup everyday.

Starting pitching took a hit but Smith and Johnson have been very good so far. Just have to have someone step up into that Sunday slot.

The bullpen is obviously not 2021 but they’re also not as bad as it has looked through 12 games. There is a whole lot of pressing going on. But no one in the pen even has double digit IP so we can’t really write em off with such a small sample size. except for Walker and Tullar they need to sit.

I will also take you up in your WP bet.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Diarrhea salad. Aren't you the wordsmith. My post sounds a lot like what I just listened to on Thunder and Lightening. Our pen has guys who have been here a while that we're counting on. They aren't newbies with a couple of innings pitched and they're not getting it done. Maybe a few more innings of not getting it done might change your mind. And "bet" is rhetorical. Not gonna gonna bet on something I don't want to happen. None of the teams we've played would be much in the SEC. I predict we'll be around .500, even with the gimme mid-week SWAC and N. Alabama games. Come back at season's end to point out I'm wrong. I'd be cool with that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login