Well, when we last played SEC baseball.............

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
We had lost 4 series and 11 straight SEC games to close out the season going 0-fer in the month of May capped by a 27-2 humiliation at home on the last weekend. This left us to endure a very bitter taste over a very long off-season.

Starting out strong in this first SEC series would go a long way toward removing that bitter taste and the rebirth of MSU baseball.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We had lost 4 series and 11 straight SEC games to close out the season going 0-fer in the month of May capped by a 27-2 humiliation at home on the last weekend. This left us to endure a very bitter taste over a very long off-season.

Starting out strong in this first SEC series would go a long way toward removing that bitter taste and the rebirth of MSU baseball.

I honestly didn't remember these facts, which is pretty telling.

I had completely zoned out on MSU baseball one season removed from a natty. What a nightmare that was.

I really hope this team can steadily improve and find it's way into the tourney. There's talent all over the roster.

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Ya'll have been saying this since the beginning. One series vs. Kentucky does nothing either way.

The only way you internet warriors will get back on board is when we are sitting at DNF in early June hosting a regional. I didn't say our 'fanbase' there, since our fans as a whole are still all-in. You'd know this if you had come to any games this season. Crowds have been awesome.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013

Last season I really looked forward to getting on the treadmill and walking a couple hours while watching. I’d usually turn on games a couple innings in, and we’d always be down 5+ runs, so it didn’t happen. This year, just give me at least 5 innings of close baseball

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I am not sure that winning this series tells us a lot about this season, but losing this series will be difficult to overcome.

If we have a good team, losing the series won’t be difficult to overcome if its not a sweep. 3 of the next 4 series are at home.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Ya'll have been saying this since the beginning. One series vs. Kentucky does nothing either way.

The only way you internet warriors will get back on board is when we are sitting at DNF in early June hosting a regional. I didn't say our 'fanbase' there, since our fans as a whole are still all-in. You'd know this if you had come to any games this season. Crowds have been awesome.

Honestly, 17 off.

We're having a discussion. It's what message boards are meant for.

Take your ride or die, I'm a better fan than you BS somewhere else.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
This is a very big weekend for State baseball. To act like it's not is just "whistling past the graveyard".
I think you can survive a 1-2 weekend on the road. But a series win would be a promising start.

That said, our SEC schedule is very backloaded, so If you’re going get some series wins, gonna be easier to do it now than the end of the year when you close with Arkansas-LSU-Tennessee-A&M in consecutive weeks.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We lose two to KY and it's a damn bad year coming. With much better teams coming after this week, it would be a killer. I don't even think our coaches know what kind of team we have yet, but losing two to KY would give them a damn good idea.
Yep. The seasons not over if we lose 2. But with our schedule, if you’re losing 2 to Kentucky at the start, it’s not a good sign.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
"IF"
1. A frog has wing's its butt would not hit the ground every time it jumped.
2. My aunt had ball she would be my uncle.
3. I had a feather up my butt and Cach 34 sold some coffee we both would be tickled.
4. If the sky was red, then the sky would be red.

"IF" "IF" "IF" that's been the story for two seasons. I am sick of it. Fire him now. Even if we come back, he needs to be fired for letting it get out of hand in the first place.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
When are y’all going to accept that once again, two years in a row and only two years removed from a Natty, we are not a good baseball team.
Not even close.
We aren’t all of a sudden going to change who we are.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Well make it 5 series and 13 straight. But It seemed like every season in the 90s we began with a swept by Florida. (I'm sure that's my imagination). However point is, it ain't over.

we won't be any good this year because we are so young. But there is only one way for this team to move (because they are at the bottom now). Maybe the youth matures this season and next year things get better.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If we win tomorrow can I take off the noose? I'm sorry our season is over in 3 innings.

Softball won 4-1.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login