We're not the only team that can't throw strikes

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Texas v Stanford. Texas down 3 top of 9. They are up there taking a strike. Stanford pitcher walks 3 in a row, actually hit middle guy on ball 4, without any swings. Next guy gaps one in right center and the center fielder deeks the right fielder by calling for it then pulling his glove away for an error and two runs. There was also questionable strategy after that. Runners on Second and Third and the shortstop is back. Ground ball to him and the run scores to tie the game and one out. I think another walk and then an intentional walk to load the bases. Now they come in and I think they strike out a batter so 2 outs. The next batter hits a 3-1 pitch for a single scoring 2. They end up scoring 5 runs on one hit.

The pitcher knew they weren't going to swing until after a strike and he still couldn't just throw it down the middle. They were also the 7, 8 and 9 hole hitters.

Last edited:

basedawg

Aug 22, 2012
It was crazy, i Was surprised they didn’t pull him after the second walk. But the misplayed ball in the outfield probably cost them the game.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Texas v Stanford. Texas down 3 top of 9. They are up there taking a strike. Stanford pitcher walks 3 in a row, actually hit middle guy on ball 4, without any swings. Next guy gaps one in right center and the center fielder deeks the right fielder by calling for it then pulling his glove away for an error and two runs. There was also questionable strategy after that. Runners on Second and Third and the shortstop is back. Ground ball to him and the run scores to tie the game and one out. I think another walk and then an intentional walk to load the bases. Now they come in and I think they strike out a batter so 2 outs. The next batter hits a 3-1 pitch for a single scoring 2. They end up scoring 5 runs on one hit.

The pitcher knew they weren't going to swing until after a strike and he still couldn't just throw it down the middle. They were also the 7, 8 and 9 hole hitters.
Thank you. At a social function and missed all that. Texas was dead in the water when I left the screen in the bar.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login