West Point got their 12th title....

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
tonight. What a glorious throwback team! I even saw a Stack I formation once. That is a state record for titles by the way.
I looked over and saw that West Point was in the title game again and told my wifey that high school football was rolling down the usual roads. Teams like West Point, Noxubee Co., Biggersville, Louisville, etc., etc. were back in Jackson.

I’ll almost give a dollar to anybody who could pronounce Louisville correctly here in Texas.

• Haha
Reactions: MidsouthDawg

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
these same teams are either completely dominant or there is absolutely no competition in north mississippi that can compete with these teams.

Reactions: patdog

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Brandon Walker Pumped Up GIF - Brandon walker Pumped up Hype - Discover &  Share GIFs

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
tonight. What a glorious throwback team! I even saw a Stack I formation once. That is a state record for titles by the way.
We know you love draconian, antiquated things like those old school offenses.

But either way, it's reality around the Sip, and it's why we have to utilize simply offensive concepts at MSU.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
With the new 7a added to the format, it has seriously diluted the fields, especially in 5, 6, and 7 A’s. 6a is very weak overall. West Jones should easily win it. 4a this year overall is tough as usual.

Treemydawg

Sep 29, 2013
I played for Coach Chambless, West Points head coach. He is one hell of a coach, he will have you ready to run through a brick wall every game.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
With the new 7a added to the format, it has seriously diluted the fields, especially in 5, 6, and 7 A’s. 6a is very weak overall. West Jones should easily win it. 4a this year overall is tough as usual.
Agreed. But I don’t know what the answer is, consolidation and growth is happening so quickly. 7A schools are so much bigger than many 6 and 5s. Maybe combine with AL at the top levels?

Reactions: bulldoghair

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
I wouldn’t be so sure of an easy win tonight by West Jones.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We know you love draconian, antiquated things like those old school offenses.

But either way, it's reality around the Sip, and it's why we have to utilize simply offensive concepts at MSU.
I love those offenses.....when they work. I also loved what Biggersville did yesterday. That RPO certainly wasn't old school.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agreed. But I don’t know what the answer is, consolidation and growth is happening so quickly. 7A schools are so much bigger than many 6 and 5s. Maybe combine with AL at the top levels?
I’m fine with reducing the top class (6A) to 24. But then 36 in 5A and 48 in 4A-2A, and 40+ whatever’s left in 1A. There’s not enough good teams in current 6A or 5A.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I wouldn’t be so sure of an easy win tonight by West Jones.
Grenada will be tough. But West Jones has been dominating. Starting defense is giving up 3 points per game & has outscored opponents offenses.

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
L4Dawg or anybody else: Watching on TV?? What station? Who is broadcasting? Any more Friday or Sat games on this station? I have att u-verse and also antenna. Thanks for any help.

patdog

May 28, 2007
L4Dawg or anybody else: Watching on TV?? What station? Who is broadcasting? Any more Friday or Sat games on this station? I have att u-verse and also antenna. Thanks for any help.
It’s in something called MeTV in Jackson area. Some really good games left. West Jones - Grenada in 6A, Starkville - Oak Grove in 7A & Louisville - Columbia (both 14-0) in 4A.

Laurel was just outmanned last night. Defense has been Laurels weakness for years & they just had no answer for #2. I think weather hurt Laurel more than West Point, but perfect weather wouldn’t have made much difference.

statedawg2004

Mar 4, 2008
To make it somewhat MSU related, Chambless is most likely retiring after this year. He'd be a great director of high school relations guy for the new staff.

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
Grenada will be tough. But West Jones has been dominating. Starting defense is giving up 3 points per game & has outscored opponents offenses.
Both teams have really strong defense for sure. Should be a good game.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Both teams have really strong defense for sure. Should be a good game.
Could be for sure. If you’re going to beat West Jones, it’ll take a good defense. You’re not going to outscore them. But a good defense can give WJ offense problems & keep it close where anything can happen.

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
Could be for sure. If you’re going to beat West Jones, it’ll take a good defense. You’re not going to outscore them. But a good defense can give WJ offense problems & keep it close where anything can happen.
Grenada is giving up an average of 13pts a game. Ricky Woods is DC so you know they will be man to man. To quote Jim Ross, I expect it to be a slobber knocker.

Grenada played a good schedule, Loss to Winona, probably will be 3A champ, Bartlet TN and South Panola.

Reactions: patdog

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Grenada is giving up an average of 13pts a game. Ricky Woods is DC so you know they will be man to man. To quote Jim Ross, I expect it to be a slobber knocker.

Grenada played a good schedule, Loss to Winona, probably will be 3A champ, Bartlet TN and South Panola.
West jones giving up an average of 5 points a game. Best defense in the state this year hands down.

Reactions: HWY51dog

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
This is weird. Games are on antenna, digital 16.2 Jxn area, Metv. But not on Metv cable. For your info.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I haven't kept up much with south teams. I know Louisville is the real deal. Should be fun to watch.
Columbia is extremely well coached by Chip Bilderback, don’t sleep on them at all. He is expected to leave right after this game and move to Monroe, Louisiana, where his wife took the head woman’s basketball job at ULM.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It's on My MS 4.2 out of Columbus on antenna around here.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Grenada had some chances but give credit to West Jones. It was tight until the 4th qt.
Grenada had 70 yards of total offense until it was 23-3 with 4 minutes left in the game. It was two great defenses, but Grenada never had a chance to score other than the fumbled punt at the 20.

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
I said give credit to West Jones. It was 3-3 at halftime and a close game until the 4th when West Jones pulled away.

West Jones has the best defense since 85 Bears. That enough credit?

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
I looked over and saw that West Point was in the title game again and told my wifey that high school football was rolling down the usual roads. Teams like West Point, Noxubee Co., Biggersville, Louisville, etc., etc. were back in Jackson.

I’ll almost give a dollar to anybody who could pronounce Louisville correctly here in Texas.
I learned the hard way when I got to Starkville from LA (why wouldn't I think it was pronounced the same as the Louisville in KY?)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login