What’s better for State? A2M or Bama winning?

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
You never know how it all plays out. In the end, you would want the team to lose that is closest to you in the final standings.
If your goal is Atlanta, you root for A&M.

Reactions: SirBarksalot

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
If we were to win out, it doesn’t matter. We would hold the tiebreaker over both.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
I don’t think it’s likely we win out at all. Just too many tough games. I think 10-2 is our best case barring a miracle. We will need some chaos in the West and the tiebreakers to fall our way to get to Atlanta. But if our one loss from here is Georgia, I would like our chances to get to Atlanta.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You never know how it all plays out. In the end, you would want the team to lose that is closest to you in the final standings.
If your goal is Atlanta, you root for A&M.

If your goal is for Ole Miss to go to Atlanta, you root for A&M too. They have way more to gain than we do. They actually have the schedule that would allow it to happen.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
If your goal is for Ole Miss to go to Atlanta, you root for A&M too. They have way more to gain than we do. They actually have the schedule that would allow it to happen.
Ole Miss would have to beat Alabama anyway for it to be a factor.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
I just don’t see it with them this year. They haven’t played anyone worthwhile yet. I think they are a 4-4 or 5-3 team in the SEC this year. I’m just not worried that they have a good path to Atlanta yet.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Heck of a game. There is no doubt Bama missed Young. I think we have a new #1 tomorrow.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I just don’t see it with them this year. They haven’t played anyone worthwhile yet. I think they are a 4-4 or 5-3 team in the SEC this year. I’m just not worried that they have a good path to Atlanta yet.
Until they get beat......

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Not understanding this question as if you have to think what the correct answer is.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

They don’t play UGA. That plus the fact they don’t have a loss yet automatically gives them a far better path than we’ve got. You’ve gotta be able to get to 10-2 at absolute minimum to win today’s SEC West, and that just ain’t in the cards for us with this schedule.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
They don’t play UGA. That plus the fact they don’t have a loss yet automatically gives them a far better path than we’ve got. You’ve gotta be able to get to 10-2 at absolute minimum to win today’s SEC West, and that just ain’t in the cards for us with this schedule. I don’t know that OM can get to 10-2 either, but they have an outside chance at least with Bama and us at home.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
They don’t play UGA. That plus the fact they don’t have a loss yet automatically gives them a far better path than we’ve got. You’ve gotta be able to get to 10-2 at absolute minimum to win today’s SEC West, and that just ain’t in the cards for us with this schedule.
We can get to 10-2. It’s not the most likely result. I think 9-3 is the most likely result. But 10-2 is within the realm of possibility. And we’ve got a better shot at 10-2 than Ole Miss does. I don’t care what their record is right now. They will likely be underdogs in 4 games (A&M, Bama, LSU, and us). We will likely be underdogs in just 2.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We can get to 10-2. It’s not the most likely result. I think 9-3 is the most likely result. But 10-2 is within the realm of possibility. And we’ve got a better shot at 10-2 than Ole Miss does. I don’t care what their record is right now. They will likely be underdogs in 4 games (A&M, Bama, LSU, and us). We will likely be underdogs in just 2.

There’s no way that 9-3 is our most likely result. Don’t do this to yourself.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Is the Spirit not happening enough for ya?

So I’m a secret Rebel for pointing out that one of two teams plays the #2 team in the country and the defending national champs, and the other plays 17ing Vanderbilt instead? Got it.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
So I’m a secret Rebel for pointing out that one of two teams plays the #2 team in the country and the defending national champs, and the other plays 17ing Vanderbilt instead? Got it.
They’ve got a 1 game edge on us in terms of strength of schedule (Georgia vs Vandy). We have a much better team though and are at least a game better than them talent wise. In the end, I think we both end up at 9-3. We lose to Bama and Georgia. They lose to us, LSU, and Bama.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
They’ve got a 1 game edge on us in terms of strength of schedule (Georgia vs Vandy). We have a much better team though and are at least a game better than them talent wise. In the end, I think we both end up at 9-3. We lose to Bama and Georgia. They lose to us, LSU, and Bama.

I’d love for you to be right, but I fully expect us to be underdogs in Oxford.

Lately the trend has been that we don’t do well in the Egg Bowl when both teams are at least decent. We’re 1-5 against them in the past 10 years in games where both teams finish the regular season .500 or better. That’s going to be the case again this year…..hopefully the result changes.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I’d say we want Bama to win. They ain’t gonna lose more than once this season and I’d rather that be against State.

Reactions: Perd Hapley
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login