What’s the pack’s thoughts on

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
I’m old so I don’t know what jank means but I don’t throw my clippings in the road if I can help it.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
I have a nearby neighbor that does it weekly. I don't like it,
But, I will not say a word.

In many cases a mulching mower will limit the need.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Can’t stand it, especially if I’m driving by and they continue to shoot it in the street. Other than that, really if they clean it up I’m ok with it, just don’t leave it out there, and don’t hit my car or truck with a rock.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Damn, I kinda like the OP on this. I'm a man made climate denier but think keeping streets and their drainage sytems full of clippings is not a very good idea.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
If that is your biggest problem then you have it made in the shade. Getting worked up about all the little stuff will push you into an early grave. It might not be the best way to be a good neighbor, but it could be worse, much worse. Breath deep and just enjoy life.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Shooting grass clippings into the road from your yard? I think it’s jank.
I don’t do it, and it doesn’t make me angry when others do, but I judge people and think less of them when they do it. Same as not putting one’s buggy in the little buggy “corral”. Grass clippings are good for your yard and bad for your neighborhood drainage systems, so the choice seems obvious to me.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Doesn’t bother me. They’ll blow away pretty quickly.

I don’t have much along the street to cut so it’s not really an issue either way.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
No neighbors so I do whatever the fuckk I want and I can do it naked if I want
Even in the country, ole Miss Peabody will call the sheriff's office and give them an ear full about the disgusting pervert down yonder running around nekkkit.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Lord talk about first world problems. It depends nice curb and gutter neighborhood , no. You out on county road 12 BFE cutting 3 acres let it fly
**** this is probably opposite of what it should be for safety reasons. Not going to have any motorcycle with speed in a curb and gutter neighborhood.

It doesn't bother me either way, but it's so easy to just do a few rows near the street where the clipping blow into the yard. Why would people not just do that?

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
Studies have not shown, but fools like to argue that grass clippings shot onto streets help to curb global warming even if it doesn't help the neighbor's curb appeal. Grass clippings shot onto the hot pavement, concrete, etc lowers the temp of the road and the heat coming up off of it. If everybody did this, global warming would plummet by less than 0.0000000000000000034% for the time that the clippings remain in the road.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
There is a law in the Mississippi Code that prohibits throwing “any solid waste” or “litter” on a roadway or thoroughfare, but this law is seldomly enforced for those who litter out of moving vehicles, and practically never cited against residents that blow their grass clippings into the roadway.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Studies have not shown, but fools like to argue that grass clippings shot onto streets help to curb global warming even if it doesn't help the neighbor's curb appeal. Grass clippings shot onto the hot pavement, concrete, etc lowers the temp of the road and the heat coming up off of it. If everybody did this, global warming would plummet by less than 0.0000000000000000034% for the time that the clippings remain in the road.
Forget all that, if everybody did it, the gutter system would be clogged up. And that would be immediately bad.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
So it’s more effective than adding ethanol to the gas?

Reactions: patdog and Ghostman

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Damn we got a bunch of poors on here. Pay someone to cut and bag that **** up.

But seriously, I blow them back into my yard. Our street drains are already slow enough as it is.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
When I lived in the city I never blew the grass clippings into the street. Now that I live 8 miles out of town on a country road, I blow them wherever I want to. That 60” cut Scag mower I use doesn’t care about the clippings.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Shooting grass clippings into the road from your yard? I think it’s jank.
I try not to shoot clippings in the road, but it it happens I ain't doing chit. It dries, gets blown away by passing cars/washed down the gutters in a day or so... I hate two aspects of yard-care; weed-eating and blowing. I do all I can to avoid both.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
At best it's trashy and worst it can cause an accident. Clippings can cause a motorcycle to loose control.

I never paid attention to it until I got a roadster a few years ago and came around a curve and clippings were everywhere. My front tire slipped and I was lucky that no car was in the oncoming traffic or I may not have survived it. As it was, I was able to get control back. Now, I dead set against it nd people that think it's a joke, either don't know the dangers it can present or don't care about others.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
I don’t have a tree in my yard, neighbors about this time every year blow their leaves over on my yard. I just crank up the mower & blow them right back on over.

I have a small ditch and embankment in my front yard at the road so I cut my small front yard forwards & back a strip at a time blowing all my clippings to the ditch and and back out in the yard in front of the house. No grass in the road, on the sidewalks, or against the house that way. A little more time consuming to cut that way but small yard, gets all the missed shards left standing missed on original pass, and leaves all the clippings where they should be anyway, in the yard. :)

Jul 26, 2021
TIL that grass clippings on the road can result in tire friction issues, but yeah, I have always blown them back in the yard just for aesthetic reasons I guess.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Lived in a no curb neighborhood where my neighbor would blow his lawn clippings in the street. Guy across from him bitched about it nonstop because the clippings would end up in his yard. We had śhit drainage in the neighborhood and once or twice a year it would get pretty floody. They guy across the street had actually put in some surface drains that helped everyone, but during a particularly heavy downpour, the grass clippings clogged those drains.

The neighbor who never picked up his clippings took the bulk over the flooding over his septic system. The septic backed up and flooded his house. When the guy across the street found out about he had a smile on his face for a year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login