What’s worse? Left lane

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Left lane slow drivers are infuriating, but generally don't pose a safety risk to me (aside from high blood pressure) assuming I keep my vehicle under control and stay at a reasonable distance.

The tailgater is far more anxiety-inducing, because they are posing a hazard to my car. If I have to hit the brakes for whatever reason I'm almost definitely getting rear-ended.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Depends on the situation in regards to tailgating. If you are the hated left-lane driver, you deserve to get tailgated. If you are driving 45 in a 55 on a two lane road, you deserve to get tailgated.

so the left lane slowpoke is much worse. They are affecting others directly. The tailgater is more aggravating but they don’t really affect you.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Left lane slow drivers are infuriating, but generally don't pose a safety risk to me (aside from high blood pressure) assuming I keep my vehicle under control and stay at a reasonable distance.

The tailgater is far more anxiety-inducing, because they are posing a hazard to my car. If I have to hit the brakes for whatever reason I'm almost definitely getting rear-ended.
Sanest most intelligent thing I’ve seen from you ever.

i truly appreciate it!

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Same page. I get angry at tailgaters because they are putting me, and my passengers, in danger.

ETA: left laners cause lots of traffic safety issues, but I can mostly avoid those if I'm paying attention. it's pretty stupid though to watch the right lane become the passing lane because people won't simply use the left lane appropriately = if there is nobody in front of you and someone behind you, get over

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Depends on the situation in regards to tailgating. If you are the hated left-lane driver, you deserve to get tailgated. If you are driving 45 in a 55 on a two lane road, you deserve to get tailgated.

so the left lane slowpoke is much worse. They are affecting others directly. The tailgater is more aggravating but they don’t really affect you.
BS. If you are driving so close behind me that if I hiccup you’ll drive straight through me, it definitely affects me.

Burns more of my fuel and is a direct safety risk to both of us.

• Haha
Reactions: Mack Rebennack

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Sanest most intelligent thing I’ve seen from you ever.

i truly appreciate it!

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I expect some “just ride in the right lane, burn less fuel, and have easier access to pick up hitchhikers. How many hitchhikers have you picked up this year? I’ve picked up 183!” comments.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

LOL Most of the tailgaters in Madison are younger women and they could give a **** what the speed limit is or how fast you're driving.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Tailgater is much worse. As mentioned, endangers the safety of everyone. Left lane drivers are just annoying. Zip around them.

I drive pretty fast on average. The magic number is generally 7 to 8 mph over the speedlimit to avoid being pulled over. I never, EVER drive equal to or less than the speed limit.

The only time I ever get pissed off is when I’m passing a line of 5 plus cars on the right who are going between 65-70. Let’s say I’m cruising at 78-77.

All of the sudden, asshat appears on rearview coming it hot at 90+. I push it to 80/81 to try to get pass this line on the right but asshat, for the next 5-10 seconds, rides my *** as we are going 80. As soon as I get pass the line, I pull to the right and receive a middle finger. Why? What did you want me to do? Brake and merge right, slowing me and you down even more? Or, gun it to 95, breaking the law and getting dangerously close to a reckless driving citation?

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
or a tailgater?

speaking of? Did Dawg61 Make the transition from the other board?
Keep your cool. You're driving a ton and a half weapon (at the very least) down the road. There were nearly 43,000 Vehicle fatalities vs. 21,000 gun-related homicides in 2021. Somebody staying safely under the speed limit is not someone in which to get angry.

Reactions: FQDawg and Hot Rock

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We just hide in the right lane and let the rest fight out. We have a crazy group in Austin of Cali flyers, construction trucks, landscapers with their lightless trailer full of lawn equipment bobbling along, house wives in their oversized SUV tanks, and the Texass dudes in their raised up, giant mudder tire sporting gargantuan 4X4s flying low in the 90+ mph range flying through it all. I think the deficiency of penis size has a direct influence on the increase in size of their 4x4's.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
or a tailgater?

Had the worst of all worlds on a drive today.

There’s a half mile stretch of road that you always have to bob and weave around to either get on or avoid 2 interstate ramps, plus other standard ****** road designs.

The tw@T sandwich behind me was cruising (at best) in my blind spot, lolly gagging around where I needed to be…. I put on my blinker, sped up and got in front of him. He honked. My truck is sensor crazy and would have told me 1000 times if I’d done something wrong…. I expressed my thoughts to this person with a single, solitary finger.

So, after all this, in another quarter mile the same guy was once again where I needed to be. This time I hit the brakes and let the idiot pass. He immediately cut across 4 lanes of traffic to just cruise like a 17ing moron wandering aimlessly to God knows where.

The entire trip, I changed in and out of 2 lanes. This cünt probably used 6. People that are oblivious and have no plan for where they are and where they’re going on this stretch of road are very dangerous, and very much in general like left lane livers, etc.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Dumbassedry VS Assholedry. Tailgaiting risks lives and left lane turtles cause frustration and impede traffic flow.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
Tailgaters and people that won't move over to let people merge are the worst. Left lane just slows you down, where the others are dangerous.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Neither one bothers me. I work from home and don't drive very much. I only occassionally drive more than 5 miles from my house.

If I ever need to be somewhere at a certain time (e.g., doctor's appointment), then I usually leave early enough to get there at least 30 minutes before I have to be there.

Also, I drive relatively slow (typically, the speed limit or less) and keep to the right lane on 4-lane roads/streets. I just don't ever get in a hurry.

When I'm driving, people are constantly blowing past me in the left lane . . . in a big hurry . . . to get somewhere. Which is fine with me.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Had the worst of all worlds on a drive today.

There’s a half mile stretch of road that you always have to bob and weave around to either get on or avoid 2 interstate ramps, plus other standard ****** road designs.

The tw@T sandwich behind me was cruising (at best) in my blind spot, lolly gagging around where I needed to be…. I put on my blinker, sped up and got in front of him. He honked. My truck is sensor crazy and would have told me 1000 times if I’d done something wrong…. I expressed my thoughts to this person with a single, solitary finger.

So, after all this, in another quarter mile the same guy was once again where I needed to be. This time I hit the brakes and let the idiot pass. He immediately cut across 4 lanes of traffic to just cruise like a 17ing moron wandering aimlessly to God knows where.

The entire trip, I changed in and out of 2 lanes. This cünt probably used 6. People that are oblivious and have no plan for where they are and where they’re going on this stretch of road are very dangerous, and very much in general like left lane livers, etc.

Wondering about 61 - that was probably him.

Cbassreb

Oct 13, 2021
I drive 60 minutes on I-20 everyday. The left lane drivers infuriate me so bad I almost get road rage. Seems like a couple times a week i have 2 drivers in right/left lane side by side doing 65. It’s awful

Last edited:
Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

HotMop

May 8, 2006
I drive 30 minutes on I-20 everyday. The left lane drivers infuriate me so bad I almost get road rage. Seems like a couple times a week i have 2 drivers in right/left lane side by side doing 65. It’s awful
Prolly more like 63.

Reactions: Cbassreb

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Neither one bothers me. I work from home and don't drive very much. I only occassionally drive more than 5 miles from my house.

If I ever need to be somewhere at a certain time (e.g., doctor's appointment), then I usually leave early enough to get there at least 30 minutes before I have to be there.

Also, I drive relatively slow (typically, the speed limit or less) and keep to the right lane on 4-lane roads/streets. I just don't ever get in a hurry.

When I'm driving, people are constantly blowing past me in the left lane . . . in a big hurry . . . to get somewhere. Which is fine with me.
Would your name be Fred Rogers ("Mr. Rogers") and have a video blog directed to children? Asking for a friend. **

Reactions: dog12

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011
or a tailgater?

Easy, left landers. That’s why you can get a ticket in Ga for impeding the flow of traffic even if you’re going at or above the speed limit. Cited studies that found slow drivers cause more wrecks on the interstate even though they may not have actually been involved in the accident.

Reactions: patdog

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Just rolled in from 5 days up and down Interstate 65 around Montgomery….

I counted 8 left lane drivers….in a row….just stacked up…no one passing anyone….like a convoy of potato’s just derping down the road….

And then You have the speed racer…you know the one…. Ya pass this dixk, ease back into right lane…..only to have him speed back up to you right as you are about to pass an 18 wheeler…makes ya get off of the cruise…

aught to be something ya can do to **** drivers to hold them responsible

22yardpunt

Dec 20, 2009
Tailgaters are FAR worse, in my mind. Instead of looking at what's in front of me I'm locked into my rear view while cursing you. You eventually get around left-laners. Tailgaters are sub-human and deserve to be treated as such.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
I tk the main reason LLD’s do what they do is because when they get in the LL to pass then try to go back right, many times people coming so fast up the LL behind them, even w/blinker on they can’t get back over to right because all the traffic behind them becomes so impatient they slide over right & blow right past them so they get tired of trying to go right & just stay in the LL.

Many times I try to get over right but so many coming up the LL so fast they won’t let you get back right even when they see you turn your blinker on to get over.

I believe if the speeders weren’t so impatient and let people get back over into the right lane there’d be lss left lane hogs but when you trying best you can to get back over right and no one lets you, most people just figured it’s easier to stay left & let folks pass on the right.

Also, after a few vehicles blow on by and you get on down the road, a lot of people forget they still in the LL. Then by the time they realize it and try to get back over right, here comes the speeders again and they won’t let ‘em get over right and the process starts all over again. It’s an endless cycle.

I just don’t see how many people could get ticketed for slow rollin’ the LL when many times my excuse for being there is all the speeding traffic bringing up the rear won’t allow you to get over 90% of the time.

There is that occasional hard headed LL driver tho who you can tell is purposely holdin’ down the left side & they ain’t comin’ right for nothing or nobody! Those could easily be ticketed but where’s a good MHP when you need one?!. lol

I drive the Natchez Trace a lot tho & def hate them tailgaters. Speed limit is 50 MPH & long straight aways, and night time of course is the worst when they set up 3’ behind you, high beams blinding you in the rear & side views and won’t pass even if you slow down to 35 MPH, INFURIATING! :-(

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
I tk the main reason LLD’s do what they do is because when they get in the LL to pass then try to go back right, many times people coming so fast up the LL behind them, even w/blinker on they can’t get back over to right because all the traffic behind them becomes so impatient they slide over right & blow right past them so they get tired of trying to go right & just stay in the LL.

Many times I try to get over right but so many coming up the LL so fast they won’t let you get back right even when they see you turn your blinker on to get over.

I believe if the speeders weren’t so impatient and let people get back over into the right lane there’d be lss left lane hogs but when you trying best you can to get back over right and no one lets you, most people just figured it’s easier to stay left & let folks pass on the right.

Also, after a few vehicles blow on by and you get on down the road, a lot of people forget they still in the LL. Then by the time they realize it and try to get back over right, here comes the speeders again and they won’t let ‘em get over right and the process starts all over again. It’s an endless cycle.

I just don’t see how many people could get ticketed for slow rollin’ the LL when many times my excuse for being there is all the speeding traffic bringing up the rear won’t allow you to get over 90% of the time.

There is that occasional hard headed LL driver tho who you can tell is purposely holdin’ down the left side & they ain’t comin’ right for nothing or nobody! Those could easily be ticketed but where’s a good MHP when you need one?!. lol

I drive the Natchez Trace a lot tho & def hate them tailgaters. Speed limit is 50 MPH & long straight aways, and night time of course is the worst when they set up 3’ behind you, high beams blinding you in the rear & side views and won’t pass even if you slow down to 35 MPH, INFURIATING! :-(
I used to commute the Trace myself. 59 MPH is ok, 60 & over you run the risk of a ticket. As for a-holes who tailgate at night, I keep a Q-beam handheld spotlight for them. Point that sucker in their face until they back off, give em a dose of their own medicine.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Keep your cool. You're driving a ton and a half weapon (at the very least) down the road. There were nearly 43,000 Vehicle fatalities vs. 21,000 gun-related homicides in 2021. Somebody staying safely under the speed limit is not someone in which to get angry.
If they are driving slow in the left lane, they are 100% a safety risk.

tailgating is properly more of a safety risk.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
I drive 60 minutes on I-20 everyday. The left lane drivers infuriate me so bad I almost get road rage. Seems like a couple times a week i have 2 drivers in right/left lane side by side doing 65. It’s awful
I had a Nissan 300zx one time and you have a left lane lounger weapon on them when the sun sets. The lights were so good in those cars that Lamborghini bought them from Nissan to use in the Diablo.

You could give them a couple of courtesy flashes when pulling up on them..if they didn’t move over.. I could hit the high beams that were so bright you could see the reflection of their rear view mirror on the interior of their car. They would then move right very promptly.

I have had satisfying triumphs over a few left lane loungers more recently. You follow them waiting for them to move over and of course they don’t. So I move to the right to make my exit and sure enough.. two hundred yards from the exit they start the looking over to find a spot to get over so they can make the exit.

Not while I’m next to them.. next exit *******. They will be in the right lane in time tomorrow.

Reactions: paindonthurt

patdog

May 28, 2007
Easy, left landers. That’s why you can get a ticket in Ga for impeding the flow of traffic even if you’re going at or above the speed limit. Cited studies that found slow drivers cause more wrecks on the interstate even though they may not have actually been involved in the accident.
This is the right answer. Left lane hogs are much more dangerous. They affect traffic patterns for up to 1/4 mile or more behind them and force faster vehicles to the right.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Dumbassedry VS Assholedry. Tailgaiting risks lives and left lane turtles cause frustration and impede traffic flow.
I suspect left lane cruisers may cause as many as or more wrecks than tailgaters, at least on the interstate. I feel like a lot of wrecks occur because of lane changes and would be avoided if the left lane was used properly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login