What’s wrong with Lebby?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I’m seeing so many fans saying they would hate it if Lebby was named coach, but why? He seems a lot like Dan Mullen was when we hired him. Offensive coordinator who has served under several successful head coaches. And his offenses are always great. I don’t understand the pushback from fans. Our most successful coach of the modern era was an offensive coordinator in his first head coaching job. It’s not like we HAVE to have a sitting head coach, just because Arnett failed.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Personally I don't see what is so great about him. Name one Oklahoma coordinator who has not had at least 450 yards a game average. What qualifies him as ready to be a head coach ? I would prefer Sumrall to Lebby but who knows ? They both might fail.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Nothing. He’d be great. I’d rather chase a higher ceiling than a higher floor type hire.

He’s a good fit for MSU’s culture. He’s way more ‘Starkville’ than ‘Oxford’.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
He does not have enough experience under championship level coaches, plus it’s widely known that he was not the OC at Ole Miss, and that bears itself out currently.

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
We can do a lot better.
Disagree Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

Reactions: blitz2Win

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
He has never been a head coach. He has ruffled feathers at OU by supposedly bringing his black balled father in law too close to the program. His own fans are not pleased with his performance in a cpl recent games.

we need someone to stabilize our unstable program at the onset.

he has a fun offense, but one that is being ran by many current programs. With our talent deficiency on most Saturdays, we need something fresh.

he was at Baylor when all the enabling rape stuff went down.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I think Ideally they are looking for someone who brought what Leach did, Experience and Offensive coach, but I’m not sure that coach is available or able to be signed, so you may end up choosing between experienced HC and offensive minded coach. Ie) Odom vs Lebby

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Lebby would be a good hire. Man people are over analyzing this. Been a part of 4 staffs that won and moved the ball.

Reactions: olblue

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
If Lebby's the hire, we definitely need to make a rule that Art Briles is not allowed on campus in any capacity other than being a fan sitting in the stands during games. Not on the sidelines, not at practice, not associating with the program in any way.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
If Lebby's the hire, we definitely need to make a rule that Art Briles is not allowed on campus in any capacity other than being a fan sitting in the stands during games. Not on the sidelines, not at practice, not associating with the program in any way.
I agree with this. Do not want Art Briles associated with the program other than sitting in the stands watching his son in law coach.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Personally I don't see what is so great about him. Name one Oklahoma coordinator who has not had at least 450 yards a game average. What qualifies him as ready to be a head coach ? I would prefer Sumrall to Lebby but who knows ? They both might fail.
Look at who he has studied under. If we get Lebby, I will be very excited.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
I don't even want him in the stands.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Fixed that for you.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
He seems a lot like Dan Mullen was when we hired him.
Dan Mullen coached with the same HOF HC at multiple places. That’s nothing like Lebby.

My main criteria as a fan (and I’m not alone) was we needed a sitting HC. We’re at a critical point for the future of the program for various reasons. A HC (even a defensive minded one) can hire a up and comer OC “with potential”. We have recent history hiring an OC “with potential” to be the HC and it didn’t work.

I’ve seen several saying that Odom or Fritz would have a ceiling of 7-8 wins. I’ll take that for our program considering where we are as opposed to hoping an unproven guy that might do better than that, but is also more likely to win 3-4 and tank the program.

Reactions: AT4 Dawg and patdog

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
I’m seeing so many fans saying they would hate it if Lebby was named coach, but why? He seems a lot like Dan Mullen was when we hired him. Offensive coordinator who has served under several successful head coaches. And his offenses are always great. I don’t understand the pushback from fans. Our most successful coach of the modern era was an offensive coordinator in his first head coaching job. It’s not like we HAVE to have a sitting head coach, just because Arnett failed.
He speaks like Jeremy Pruitt, has OM, and art briles ties and OK doesn't want him

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Candle, liepold, chadwell, Campbell, Herman, Mullen, Beamer, Lebby in that order
liepold isn’t coming, Chadwell has supposedly been eliminated, which Campbell ? , Dan isn’t coming, Beamer isn’t coming.

Herman should be considered strongly but I’m not sure he is.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Hint: There’s no coach that everyone can agree on.

Nobody

Best that you can do is wait for announcement and then you can raise hell if you want.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
liepold isn’t coming, Chadwell has supposedly been eliminated, which Campbell ? , Dan isn’t coming, Beamer isn’t coming.

Herman should be considered strongly but I’m not sure he is.
Then wrap up candle before the other MSU offers

and Matt...

Reactions: blitz2Win

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Without a doubt, Pete Sterbick would be a major upgrade over the Arnett/Peterson/Friend brain trust.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
At a minimum, he will be considered a lazy hire because of Selmon’s OU ties.

ETA: I’d be willing to speculate that it’s not statistically likely that the best possible head coaching candidate for MSU at this time just happens to be a coordinator from the school our AD came from. If he goes that route he has to be demonstrably correct in his decision or it will be a really bad first major hire.

Reactions: patdog and RivaDawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We would likely be fun on offense for the first time in a while. Can’t speak for much beyond that. But the guy is definitely a good OC and play caller.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
He has never been a head coach. He has ruffled feathers at OU by supposedly bringing his black balled father in law too close to the program. His own fans are not pleased with his performance in a cpl recent games.

we need someone to stabilize our unstable program at the onset.

he has a fun offense, but one that is being ran by many current programs. With our talent deficiency on most Saturdays, we need something fresh.

he was at Baylor when all the enabling rape stuff went down.

I can see them being pissed at the number 4 scoring offense in America.

I saw this posted on another board.

SouthEastern: No. 1 scoring offense and the No. 3 total offense

UCF: #6 Scoring Offense and the following year #5 scoring offense.

Ole Miss: 14th ranked scoring offense and the 8th ranked total offense in a covid year and his first year there.

OU: #4 scoring offense

Reactions: beachbumdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login