What a choke job by UNCarolina in a National Championship game!

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
I went to bed at the half - figured it was over.... Boy was I surprised this morning to see the outcome.

SC95

Joined Mar 31, 2008
Jan 31, 2022
North Carolina played for a national championship, something that 356 Division 1 men's basketball teams, including our Gamecocks, did not to do last night. I would rather play and lose than not play at all. I am a South Carolina fan first, but I grew up in North Carolina. I will always cheer for a NC team before I root for Kansas.

• Angry
Reactions: Dod Rangerfield

TopHook

Jan 18, 2022
North Carolina played for a national championship, something that 356 Division 1 men's basketball teams, including our Gamecocks, did not to do last night. I would rather play and lose than not play at all. I am a South Carolina fan first, but I grew up in North Carolina. I will always cheer for a NC team before I root for Kansas.
No one is saying that. We're just happy they lost. **** North Carolina.

Captn Skully

Joined Aug 16, 2002
Feb 3, 2022
Was a tough game for sure....down one with about 20 seconds to go and bacot turns his ankle again, drops to the floor, and drops the ball for KU to pick up....lane was wide open for an easy two, to put UNC up one.....no telling how it would have played out from there....oh well. Was a great season overall and to put two losses on the Dookies in K's last game and the final 4, was spectacular.

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
I tip my cap to excellence, pride and to those teams who put themselves in position to win a championship. Even if it ticks me off.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Making it to the championship game would make us proud. They were an underdog for a reason.
They are a legacy program. They are held to a higher standard of hatred when they lose. I was elated at their crushing disappointment. I only wish they had been #1 all year long and fully expected to win. ACC lineage S.C. fans will understand and agree. Us beating them in the bowl game and in WBB at the NCAAT were occasions for ecstasy. I am trying hard to contain myself here. I don't want to be lurid about it. I hate, detest, and loathe the Tar Heels. I'm really beginning to tremble with distaste as I contemplate them.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
The two schools I hate the most are UGA and UNC....if the 2 were playing each other in any sport, I would pull for UGA...

Reactions: Dod Rangerfield

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
???????????

What kind of Gamecock hates ANY school more than ClempTech?
Honestly, I think two things have happened. Not being in the same conference with them has changed things over time, I don't care what anyone says. Also, they got out there so far ahead of us in football that it became noncompetitive, These things have detracted from the rivalry among people of the younger generations.

I can assure you that, for many people of my generation, nothing will ever be more important than beating UPC. To me, no season in which we lose to UPC could ever be optimal, regardless of what else we might do. More and more people can't understand that, but I will never be able to see it any other way. We've got to get back to being able to beat them. That would help the rivalry at this time more than anything else.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
Up by 15 at the half and grew up to 16 points just to lose at the end 72-69... This type choke would make Linda Lovelace proud...
Did Linda Lovelace enjoy choking on one?
You should leave.
???????????

What kind of Gamecock hates ANY school more than ClempTech?
Not a true one. Tillman always has been & forever shall be enemy #1.

Reactions: GamecockWarrior

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
You and I counterbalance one another.

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
I could not have been happier that the Tarholes got beat, especially on the manner they did. Only Clemson losing like that could have possibly brought more joy, although that may be a toss-up. I despise them. Thank you Jayhawks!!!

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
I'm a shareholder in KU having put two through school there. MY daughter was there in 08' and what an amazing time then to win it.
This one was historic. What an odd game. What a comeback. And in direct opposition to the love feast the commentators were spewing all about their great players. it was truly biased. They seemed dumbfounded when KU came back..by the way their center easily committed 15 fouls that went un-called.
do I like the Heels, na.. the test-takers didn't prevail.

Reactions: KingWard
Jan 18, 2022

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
Those of us that were around for our ACC days wouldn't be caught dead pulling for UNC.

Jan 21, 2022
Making it to the championship game would make us proud. They were an underdog for a reason.
If Carolina was up by 16 and we choked at the end... Then I would refer Carolina as the "Choke Cocks...."

Make it to the Championship game as an underdog or favored, you don't choke when you're up by 16 points...

Carolina Steve

Joined Sep 1, 2006 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 22, 2022
Saw a story this morning that says the floor caused Bacot to turn his ankle. Excuses excuses excuses

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Saw a story this morning that says the floor caused Bacot to turn his ankle. Excuses excuses excuses

Well, it's true. The floor clearly caved under his right foot as he was trying to cut. Would he have made the shot? Who knows? But the floor clearly caused his turned ankle. A reporter out of Chicago who is an SEC guy made the initial observation about the loose floorboards causing the rolled ankle.

Last edited:

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
Well, it's true. The floor clearly caved under his right foot as he was trying to cut. Would he have made the shot? Who knows? But the floor clearly caused his turned ankle. A reporter out of Chicago who is an SEC guy made the initial observation about the loose floorboards causing the rolled ankle.

That makes me happy.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login