What a sh-hitty season this has been

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I was just thinking about how I wish the record books and my brain could just erase every aspect of this season

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
The only season I can think of that was worse was Morehead's 8 win season with the best defense in the country. And that was because we had talent. This year there just wasn't any talent at all. I mean that was Goedde's first catch of the season? If you insist on playing a cripple over every other RB on the team, you must be talentless.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I hope Barbay is coaching at the high school level next year. I don’t have a deep history of MSU football but it’s hard for me to think of a worse coach/coordinator than barbay… and yes I remember Sirmon.
Ummm basically most of our coaches in modern history. We have 2 QBs total that have thrown for 3000 yards in a season. TWO.

Todd Jordan, Derrick Taite, Greg Plump, Rodney Hudson, Matt Wyatt, Wayne Madkin, Henig, Wesley Carroll. MSU is where quarterbacks go to linger in mediocrity. We have made the worst hires in offensive football for going on half a century.

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
The only season I can think of that was worse was Morehead's 8 win season with the best defense in the country. And that was because we had talent. This year there just wasn't any talent at all. I mean that was Goedde's first catch of the season? If you insist on playing a cripple over every other RB on the team, you must be talentless.
Horrible misuse of players this year. Should have ran more air raid concepts with more running but not totally abandoning the AR. We have to find a coach that can recruit speed. Minus Tulu and Zavion it feels team speed is lacking on both sides of the ball. Gimmick system or no gimmick system at this level of football speed kills but lack of speed is deadly.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Ummm basically most of our coaches in modern history. We have 2 QBs total that have thrown for 3000 yards in a season. TWO.

Todd Jordan, Derrick Taite, Greg Plump, Rodney Hudson, Matt Wyatt, Wayne Madkin, Henig, Wesley Carroll. MSU is where quarterbacks go to linger in mediocrity. We have made the worst hires in offensive football for going on half a century.
How many coordinators have come on and turned a mediocre unit into an absolute bottom self unit?

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
How many coordinators have come on and turned a mediocre unit into an absolute bottom self unit?
I would say it’s worse than that, 9/11 starters returned, 4/5 on the O line, they turned what would have been an above avg u it into the worst. I have never seen a worse D1 college coaching staff. some high level veteran Texas Hs coaches could have done a much better job. friend may be the worst ever.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
I hope Barbay is coaching at the high school level next year. I don’t have a deep history of MSU football but it’s hard for me to think of a worse coach/coordinator than barbay… and yes I remember Sirmon.
Sirmon is not qualified to be barbay’s assistant kindergarten teacher.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Sirmon is not qualified to be barbay’s assistant kindergarten teacher.
I guess if you take me back in time to when Simon was here and I’d maybe feel the same way. Currently, the hate is pretty strong for Barbay, so I’m probably biased now

Doghaus

Oct 7, 2017
Wooden head mccorvey

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Somehow, you don't remember the 2003 staff with Ron Cooper.

Reactions: Fang1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login