What a turn out

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
MGM has never rocked like this before. Shucker season ticket holder here. Awesome environment.

BigDawg@HillsofMS14

Jul 31, 2018
Cool place. Went a couple of years ago right before season shut down. I would rather go there than travel to any another SEC stadium. Cool environment, good food next door. Just a neat place. Nothing better than the MS coast.

D4L

Aug 2, 2021
I had a good time as well. But 'nothing better than the MS coast?' I think you went a little far there. The MS coast as a whole is very disappointing. Might want to travel a little bit more.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
Come on now, there are much better places than the MS coast. Let's be serious here a minute.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Come on now, there are much better places than the MS coast. Let's be serious here a minute.
I hate people like you, I really do. Just can't wait to **** on anything Mississippi-related. That area around the stadium is freaking awesome.

I mean seriously, GFY.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Nothing better than the MS coast

Did you miss that part? That's just not true. There is good food, but not what I'd consider great. There's decent fishing, but its better if you go East or West. There's lots of places to throw your disposable income around and have it sent out of state when you lose it but there are plenty of places "better than the MS coast".

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Did you miss that part? That's just not true. There is good food, but not what I'd consider great. There's decent fishing, but its better if you go East or West. There's lots of places to throw your disposable income around and have it sent out of state when you lose it but there are plenty of places "better than the MS coast".
It's a damn figure of speech, you anal nimrods. He was simply saying that the Coast is an awesome place, which it is.

Again, GFY.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I could agree with you and move on, but then we'd both be wrong

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I’ve lived on the Gulf Coast for every year of my 28 years of life. I’ve also traveled all over. The GC is phenomenal: a hidden gem if you would.

I was chatting with RJ Yaeger’s dad last night, from PCB, and he kept reiterating just how much they love our beaches (brown water and all.)

idog

Aug 17, 2010

only if you don't know how to fish.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021

i was ignorant like this before. Then i traveled traveled the world. All things considered the MS gulf coast is pretty damn good. Low taxes, low cost of living, not a lot of bail free hoodrats throwing feces at you, family/military presence, good christian people, and maybe a cop or two that will beat the **** out of criminals. I agree GFY AH!

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I’ve lived on the Gulf Coast for every year of my 28 years of life. I’ve also traveled all over. The GC is phenomenal: a hidden gem if you would.

I was chatting with RJ Yaeger’s dad last night, from PCB, and he kept reiterating just how much they love our beaches (brown water and all.)

beaches ok but brown water is a stretch. my guess is he appreciates that he doesn't have to try to avoid the drunken frat bros fornicating on the beach

BigDawg@HillsofMS14

Jul 31, 2018
That’s a matter of opinion. Its the best place ever if you know how to make it fun. It’s often a forgotten place.. Hidden Gem if you will. I can’t speak on others experiences but my family enjoys it. And yes, I have been other places. Is it Destin? No? It’s just a cool place to go that is our Coast. The fishing is great. The food is great. Pass Christian is an amazing destination to own two fishing boats that you can drop in the water with a flip of a switch. Maybe I have more going for me than the normal traveler down there. I would choose a boat day to Ship island/Cat island and day over sitting on some crowded because I’m 30A. The speckled trout fishing is unreal with a short ride to the Biloxi Marsh. Where do you like to travel D4L?? What do you like to do?? I call that fun.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Seriously…

It's a damn figure of speech, you anal nimrods. He was simply saying that the Coast is an awesome place, which it is.

Again, GFY.

One thread, one figure of speech, and 3 morons lined up in a row.

Pick your battles, idiots. And GFY!

Coast Dawg

Feb 28, 2008
I just wish y’all would quit talking good about my home…. Some of these dip ***** might actually come here, like it and return again.

I live a couple blocks west of MGM Park. Looked like a decent crowd based on parking even with the game moved up and not ideal weather

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

It's a really good place to live. Good combination of decent job market, low COL, great food, tons of amenities. There are nicer beaches, but most those are not in places where it's easy to find a job outside of hospitality and/or easy to find an affordable house. Same thing with fishing. To get a lot better, you pretty much have to be in BFE. It is a haul to get to blue water, so that's one thing that's better in Alabama and on the panhandle, but again, most of those places, outside of Pensacola, don't have much of a job market outside of hospitality and are expensive enough that it's hard just start out there if you don't already have some money. New Orleans has better food, but it's not as safe and more expensive. You're not going to find better food unless you are in a pretty decent sized city.

Basically, if you don't want to live in Pensacola or somewhere in Flordia say Tampa or south, it's pretty high on the list. It's unfortunately the only place in Mississippi that is generally appealing to live in if you aren't from Mississippi and/or don't just have a sort of niche attraction to small town living.

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
I've lived in Ocean Springs most of my life and I love it. Only other place I've lived that compares is Mandeville La., and our water front is much superior. Only problem is housing costs keep going up. There's a saying that the only people that can afford a house facing the beach made their money somewhere else and moved here. Not 100% true, but close. My brother visited and said he might want to buy a fixer-upper for around a 100k and move back. I laughed his *** back to Austin.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
beaches ok but brown water is a stretch. my guess is he appreciates that he doesn't have to try to avoid the drunken frat bros fornicating on the beach

The water is not brown. Jesus Christ

It's brackish water no different than any other brackish water sounds around the world. It just so happens that we tried to make our brackish water sound into a wannabe beach. The water isn't dirty and I'm sick of all these morons claiming it is.

The coast beats out our pathetic capital city and the surrounding area all day. Jackson is the real sad story of our state, not the brown water on the coast.

Last edited:

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009

True but not if you run far enough South ... meaning at least 80-90 miles

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
It's a really good place to live. Good combination of decent job market, low COL, great food, tons of amenities. There are nicer beaches, but most those are not in places where it's easy to find a job outside of hospitality and/or easy to find an affordable house. Same thing with fishing. To get a lot better, you pretty much have to be in BFE. It is a haul to get to blue water, so that's one thing that's better in Alabama and on the panhandle, but again, most of those places, outside of Pensacola, don't have much of a job market outside of hospitality and are expensive enough that it's hard just start out there if you don't already have some money. New Orleans has better food, but it's not as safe and more expensive. You're not going to find better food unless you are in a pretty decent sized city.

Basically, if you don't want to live in Pensacola or somewhere in Flordia say Tampa or south, it's pretty high on the list. It's unfortunately the only place in Mississippi that is generally appealing to live in if you aren't from Mississippi and/or don't just have a sort of niche attraction to small town living.

How steep are insurance premiums on dwellings....you know, what with the occasional hurricane and all?

Other than that, I would love to live on the coast.

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
I just wish y’all would quit talking good about my home…. Some of these dip ***** might actually come here, like it and return again.

I live a couple blocks west of MGM Park. Looked like a decent crowd based on parking even with the game moved up and not ideal weather

I lived in Ocean Club for several years before having to move back to Atlanta to care for my wife's parents ..... People never truly see "The Coast" while there for only a week or weekend. It takes spending some considerable time there to soak in ALL it has to offer and I will not attempt to enumerate here. I will be retiring right back there in a year or two because - I have not just seen it... I have lived it .... there is a difference.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login