What an absolute travesty.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Our catcher deserved it....that's it. Literally nobody else did one single thing.
I don’t know that even he really “deserved” it. It was overly aggressive…. And that’s fücking baseball.

Johnson is a püssy, and the SEC took over from there. Almost literally nothing happened, and whatever did happen wasn’t worthy of this bullshít.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
rules say 1 game suspension. Your umpire buddy don't know ****. Was he umpiring this game?
Here's the rules. Our guys were ejected for this: PENALTY—(1) All team personnel, including coaches, who leave their positions and participate in a fight shall be ejected and suspended for the team’s next four contests.

https://baseballrulesacademy.com/official-rule/ncaa/ncaa-5-16-fight-rule/

Obviously this should be appealed and hopefully some overturned. Particularly Hines due to this exception: Note 2: If a player or coach makes physical contact with another player in an obvious attempt to prevent a fight or confrontation, that individual shall not be ejected or suspended.

Reactions: vandaldawg

msu

Aug 22, 2012
Here's the rules. Our guys were ejected for this: PENALTY—(1) All team personnel, including coaches, who leave their positions and participate in a fight shall be ejected and suspended for the team’s next four contests.

Obviously this should be appealed and hopefully some overturned. Particularly Hines due to this exception: Note 2: If a player or coach makes physical contact with another player in an obvious attempt to prevent a fight or confrontation, that individual shall not be ejected or suspended.
What fight? There wasn't a fight and the note 2 was most applicable to all sides

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Supposedly this is the rule:

These are the kinds of things that give me some hope that this can be mitigated and corrected.

Would be great if we could possibly end up replaying from the bottom of the 8th, which would be ever so glorious. Game was null and void at the point the SEC screwed it all up. And that phag closer of theirs can go eat his own shít when we win.

I guess we can dream….

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Also… “who leave their positions”. It was after the 3rd out. Everyone in the field is leaving their positions.
Has to be one of the most hilariously terrible rules in all of sports. The SEC should be embarrassed.

To be clear, this is the EXACT letter of the rule: Anyone leaving their “normal place” (whether its on the field or in the dugout) to engage in a verbal altercation or fight is ejected. Exception if you are trying to restrain someone else. So, everyone for MSU running off the field and everyone for UGA that came out of the dugout who didn’t try to restrain / de-escalate should have been ejected. By rule, probably should have been two dozen ejections. But guess who didn’t leave their position - Johnny Long. Literally the only 17ing guy that should have been ejected is the only guy that this rule protects. Clown show.

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012

What fight? If that's the case, then Georgia should have to forfeit the series due to not having any personnel due to their whole team coming out of the dugout and running to the plate. Every player should be overturned. That was piss poor by the SEC officials of handling that situation. I though the umpires did a good job of just separating and letting the game go on until they made the call to Birmingham.

Reactions: vandaldawg

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
I was sitting six rows up behind Georgia’s dugout last nigh. Let me say that if they are using this rule and using it correctly then Georgia should not have a single player available to finish the Game. Because every one of them came out off the dugout on to the field of play and most were heading towards home plate.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
If this holds up we just essentially forfeited five Games. This season is over and Lemonis has lost all opportunity he had to redeem himself this year.

• Wow
Reactions: Baddog11

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
If this holds up we just essentially forfeited five Games. This season is over and Lemonis has lost all opportunity he had to redeem himself this year.
Or it might be used as an excuse to keep him another year.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I would not be surprised if it didn't get fix. I would not be surprised if we see a few pitchers batting today. Who knows what's going to happen.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Should be appealed.

time for ears to nutt up and go put a ballsack down on the sec office in Birmingham. I would be there tonight after that horseshit
There's nowhere to even appeal it to.

AND PARTICIPATE IN A FIGHT. There was no fight. No one on either team should be ejected, except our catcher. Hines in particular was literally walking back to the dugout at the end of the inning. He didn't leave any bench and clearly falls into the Note 2 exception even if he did. This is the most unfair video review ruling I've ever seen.

patdog

May 28, 2007
These are the kinds of things that give me some hope that this can be mitigated and corrected.

Would be great if we could possibly end up replaying from the bottom of the 8th, which would be ever so glorious. Game was null and void at the point the SEC screwed it all up. And that phag closer of theirs can go eat his own shít when we win.

I guess we can dream….
What the SEC should do is suspend last nights game in the 8th. It goes down as a tie. And lift everyone but Long's suspensions for today. Of course that will never happen, but that's the fairest way to make things right at this point.

Edit: I stand corrected. Suspensions lifted for everyone but Long and Kohler.

Last edited:
Reactions: eckie1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login