What are the Saints going to do about the running backs?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
One out for three games and the other has a bad injury. Does Kamara or Saints have a choice to what games he is suspended? That third round running back is going to get some playing time early.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
One out for three games and the other has a bad injury. Does Kamara or Saints have a choice to what games he is suspended? That third round running back is going to get some playing time early.
They signed Jamaal Williams from the Lions over the off-season. He'll most likely be the starter.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Jamal Williams rushed for over 1000 yards and 17 tds last year, that's certainly better than replacement level. But yeah it's THIN behind him to start the season.

NOLA Dawg

Jan 2, 2020
Williams will be the guy - not sire how they signed him so cheap. I think the Saints feel pretty good about Kendre Miller - the 4d round pick out of TCU also. The knee injury was to the 4th RB. They for sure need another one in case MIller of Williams gets hurt, but absent injury Miller and WIlliams will do fine through the first 3 games. I am most concerned about linebacker - They lost some to free agency, then lost Dowell (a back up) the the IR and Demario Davis left practice to have a scan of his calf performed. Losing him for even a few games would be huge.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Zeke is still just chillin out there in free agency. Could do worse than him as an early season 2nd stringer / midseason 3rd string RB.

Dalvin Cook still out there, too, but he’s going to probably be too rich for the Saints blood.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Zeke is still just chillin out there in free agency. Could do worse than him as an early season 2nd stringer / midseason 3rd string RB.

Dalvin Cook still out there, too, but he’s going to probably be too rich for the Saints blood.
You can get Zeke production for rookie money. That’s why no one is picking him up. I don’t know if he isn’t willing to get paid less or if the veteran salary rules prevent him from playing for cheap.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You can get Zeke production for rookie money. That’s why no one is picking him up. I don’t know if he isn’t willing to get paid less or if the veteran salary rules prevent him from playing for cheap.

Correct, but their rookie is hurt. I don’t think there are any rules (besides the league minimum) preventing them from paying whatever they want. Probably more on Zeke if he’s not getting signed….like you said. Adrian Peterson was signing all these year / $1 million contracts when he kept bouncing around a few years ago in his 30’s.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Correct, but their rookie is hurt. I don’t think there are any rules (besides the league minimum) preventing them from paying whatever they want. Probably more on Zeke if he’s not getting signed….like you said. Adrian Peterson was signing all these year / $1 million contracts when he kept bouncing around a few years ago in his 30’s.
AP was smart enough to realize he could either make more money before the door closed for good or let his pride stand in the way and not collect a paycheck.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Jamaal Williams is a good RB. The rookie from TCU has talent too but you just don’t know about someone fresh off a knee injury.

Just saw a report that Kareem Hunt is visiting the Saints this week. If you somehow were to add Hunt on top of what you already have, you’re totally fine at RB until Kamara is back in Week 4.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Jamaal Williams is a good RB. The rookie from TCU has talent too but you just don’t know about someone fresh off a knee injury.

Just saw a report that Kareem Hunt is visiting the Saints this week. If you somehow were to add Hunt on top of what you already have, you’re totally fine at RB until Kamara is back in Week 4.
Hopefully Hunt isn't asking for too much. He would be a great pickup for the right price

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login