What coaches/staff do you want to keep?

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
I want Bumphis and Rod Gibson to stay. If possible, I would love Jamar Chaney to come back.

Seems like Hughes, Turner, and Knox would be the top of the list for any coaches to stay on the new staff, but they need to let the new coach make that decision entirely on his own. I have no opinion regarding all of the support staff - Juliana Prezelski looks like a keeper, though....

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I think it would be a bad sign if our new coach doesn't keep a few current coaches. Especially those with deep recruiting ties to this state. Even if it is off field recruiting. I think Knox Turner and Bump would invaluable to those efforts.
Maybe so. I just don’t want another Arnett situation where he didn’t really have complete control of the hirings.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
let the new coach decide if he wants to keep anyone. honestly, i would burn it to the ground and start completely over with a complete new staff from top to bottom. it's not like we can sink much lower.

Conman90

Mar 3, 2008
Keep Bump, move Hughes off the field. Turner and/or Knox if they fit somewhere on or off field.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
New coaches choice, period. End of subject in my eyes.
When Mike Freaking Leach, with one of the most impressive, loyal coaching trees in college football, kept Tony Hughes and Rod Gibson on staff, you have to know any coach we hire will keep at least a couple current coaches around. Heck, you need that just help maintain a level of institutional memory.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Simmer

Jun 21, 2013
Bump and Gibson for sure. Knox and Turner are a maybe. Time to put Hughes in an off field position.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
None of them were able to keep the team focused and improving this year. None were killing it in recruiting. That said, if we bring in a HC from another region of the country, there will probably need to be some staff retention to help with recruiting this area and the coaching connections they have.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Turner, Hughes, Gibson. I still don't get the love for Bump as a coach. As a former player I understand by all means you want him around checking in, but retaining as a coach I don't see it

Oct 31, 2022
Rod Gibson for sure. He knows where all the bodies are buried. Hell he probably buried them all!!. Also, keep Steve Campbell as Dir of HS Relations. He is well respected amongst HS coaches in MS.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I want to keep the coaches our new multimillionaire HC wants to keep.

If my opinion on who to keep matters, then we definitely hired the wrong guy again.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I’d keep Hughes, Bumphis, Gibson, and D Turner.
Theres a couple more that may be ok but the rest, we just need to purge and move on with new blood and hopefully they are smart, energetic, and innovative in todays new world of college football.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login