What happens if you lose 3 in a row to TSUN?

HubDog

Jun 18, 2021
Fired. Felker in 1990 and Bellard in 1985. Does that mean 2022 Egg Bowl is a must win for Leach? How many pre Egg Bowl wins des he need to keep job with a 3rd loss in a row?

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
It won’t happen due to the ridiculous schedule we have next year but say we roll into the egg bowl at 9-2 next year and lose. Are we firing a coach who goes 9-3 because of his egg bowl record? Let me answer that for you. No

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Fired. Felker in 1990 and Bellard in 1985. Does that mean 2022 Egg Bowl is a must win for Leach? How many pre Egg Bowl wins des he need to keep job with a 3rd loss in a row?
If he loses this game next year he is GONE. That SHOULD be an absolute FACT. If it isn't his boss HAS to fired and replaced by a real AD who WILL fire him.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
It won’t happen due to the ridiculous schedule we have next year but say we roll into the egg bowl at 9-2 next year and lose. Are we firing a coach who goes 9-3 because of his egg bowl record? Let me answer that for you. No
YES

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
If we keep beating 3+ ranked teams a year, I honestly don't care.

Sure, I mean, I care, but also, even with his 17ups, the ceiling with Leach is so high that I can take shitting the bed in the rivalry more often than I otherwise would. If you really want to fire a 9-3 coach because of an egg bowl, you're dumb.

jackbaddawg

Nov 16, 2005
Too many players choked against Bama and OM . need to put their big britches on before next season .

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Sure, I mean, I care, but also, even with his 17ups, the ceiling with Leach is so high that I can take shitting the bed in the rivalry more often than I otherwise would. If you really want to fire a 9-3 coach because of an egg bowl, you're dumb.
I don't give a damn what he does in other games. If he can't beat the Confederates he has to go. I also don't get the "high ceiling" stuff with Leach. He is a known commodity. His ceiling has never been high. He is a myth, not a legend.

Masal32

May 12, 2018
I don't give a damn what he does in other games. If he can't beat the Confederates he has to go. I also don't get the "high ceiling" stuff with Leach. He is a known commodity. His ceiling has never been high. He is a myth, not a legend.

Truer words have never been spoken. Dude has done nothing in his career.

Aug 22, 2012
You keep saying he is a known commodity. Okay genius, that means he is guaranteed, guaran-17ing-teed to have an 11 win season here. Since he’s done it at both previous stops, that’s part of him being a known commodity. So you’re dub mass doesn’t want us to have the best season in the history of our program? I mean after all, he is a known commodity. That’s going to happen.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Felker and Bellard both won two total SEC games in their last three years, so you can’t totally pin it on the Egg Bowl with them getting fired. Mike Leach is not remotely on the hot seat going into Year 3.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
I genuinely cannot believe some of the things I read on this board.

Anybody willing to admit they would fire a coach that went 11-1 every year if the 1 loss was always Ole Miss?

Dawgtini

Aug 13, 2007
Those are the same people who would keep a corch that went 1-11 but beat TSUN every year <face palm>

xxxWalkTheDawg

Oct 21, 2005

You can’t be serious.

Stop letting your relatives who’s only bragging rights are things with huge payments that have them overextended, a fake manufactured aura over a town in Lafayette county, and one win blow your gasket.

This year is a leap forward from last year. A 9 win year next year, with the schedule, would be a bigger leap forward.

And then you fire Leach for losing to the pretenders? Sheesh. Get ahold of yourself.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013

Ooh! Ooh! I know!

You go and play them a fourth time.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Leach is 0-1 with an asterisk in the Egg….the one loss being to a Top 10 team. Holding a one score loss on the road when we had 45 damn players is weak as hell. Never fails that you see all levels of our dumbass fanbase on full display after an Egg Bowl loss.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008

So you are one of those fans. Go 1-11 every year as long as you beat ole miss. This rivalry is cyclical. And will always be that way

Last edited:

EngDawg

Mar 29, 2016
If he loses this game next year he is GONE. That SHOULD be an absolute FACT. If it isn't his boss HAS to fired and replaced by a real AD who WILL fire him.

Are you high on crack? One game does not determine if you fire or keep him. Obviously the loss to OM was tough, but I would have probably taken 7-5 going into this season. Expectations are higher next year, but in no way is a loss to OM an automatic termination.

EngDawg

Mar 29, 2016

Confirmed, you are high on crack.

Dog316

Aug 21, 2012

People like you will explode! Big deal.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
No but a winning season is pretty much ruined when your rival beats you. Unless you're bama and still manage to get in the playoffs and win a NC.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
If you're a typical old school State fan that's happy with 7 wins and ok losing to OM, you're a big part of why this program is what it is.
Considering we return a ton. a loss would be pretty damning in year 3. That would make year 4 a must for Leach. You don't fire a coach in less than 4 years unless there's a very specific issue.

Last edited:

Chuck Yeager

Apr 6, 2020
Bill Lankshley hates Leach. He didn't wanna fire Mullen after losing 2 in a row with Dak as the QB during his Jr & Sr years. He just wants to fire Leach cause ... he's a f***ing idiot.

ETA: He also wanted to keep Moorhead. So just imagine where Will would be as a QB being developed by Moorhead. Not near where he is now ... I can guarantee you that. And also just imagine how our receiving corp would be performing ... or more apropos not performing.

Last edited:

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Bill Lankshley hates Leach. He didn't wanna fire Mullen after losing 2 in a row with Dak as the QB during his Jr & Sr years. He just wants to fire Leach cause ... he's a f***ing idiot.

ETA: He also wanted to keep Moorhead. So just imagine where Will would be as a QB being developed by Moorhead. Not near where he is now ... I can guarantee you that. And also just imagine how our receiving corp would be performing ... or more apropos not performing.
Mullen won his first three vs them and Joe never lost to them. That's a little different than never beating them.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
You guys gotta stop responding to Shank. He’s not a serious person with reasonable thoughts about this team. Ole Miss is not in a bubble outside of the SEC but he is singularly focused on them for personal reasons.

Chuck Yeager

Apr 6, 2020
After those 1st 3 Mullen could've gone anywhere between 7-5 and 9-3 with losses to OM for 5 straight years or so and you would've shouted from rooftops that we couldn't get a better coach and he doesn't need to be fired. Like you were about Stans.

Chuck Yeager

Apr 6, 2020
You guys gotta stop responding to Shank. He’s not a serious person with reasonable thoughts about this team. Ole Miss is not in a bubble outside of the SEC but he is singularly focused on them for personal reasons.

Good point and you right.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
All back when there were literally no expectations for MSU football and beating them meant everything. Then Jackie proved we could win and be relevant and get to Atlanta. Dan proved we could get to #1. Leach is winning games that matter quicker than anyone else has and beating Ole Miss means nothing except they are in the west and they have some terrible, delusional, racist fans and it feels good to beat them.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

Ole Miss is losing the one guy that made them good plus 14 other starters. I don't see three in a roll.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
After those 1st 3 Mullen could've gone anywhere between 7-5 and 9-3 with losses to OM for 5 straight years or so and you would've shouted from rooftops that we couldn't get a better coach and he doesn't need to be fired. Like you were about Stans.

Mullen never lost to them 5 total much less 5 in a row. If he had I would have wanted gone after three. Beating Ole Miss does not make a successful season. Losing to them taints any season. As good as it was, 2014 is the case in point. Y'all don't realize how much you are sounding like Ole Miss fans right now. They say the same thing every year after we beat them. It's down right funny. I'm honest enough to admit that not losing to your rival is THE most important thing in any football season.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Mullen never lost to them 5 total much less 5 in a row. If he had I would have wanted gone after three. Beating Ole Miss does not make a successful season. Losing to them taints any season. As good as it was, 2014 is the case in point. Y'all don't realize how much you are sounding like Ole Miss fans right now. They say the same thing every year after we beat them. It's down right funny. I'm honest enough to admit that not losing to your rival is THE most important thing in any football season.

So you’re one of those “I’d rather be 1-11 and beat Ole Miss than go 11-1 and lose to them” people, huh?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
If you'd say it this way, you wouldn't get such a negative response you fatalistic dipshit. Unfortunately, the rest of your post that I did not bold, is just typical shankass vaginal drivel.

I wonder what Alabama thinks about their 13-1 2017 season with a loss to Auburn? I'm sure they have a few losers who think it was "tainted". Your baby boomer ******** selfish small-time mindset (on every topic) really needs to just melt away.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login