What in the wide wide world of sport is going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Don Lemon got the boot from CNN too.

Not that neither personally matters to me since I don't subscribe to either.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
If the headline on that screen capture is photoshopped, well done. If it is real, well…
It's fake and from last year or the year before. If I remember correctly, someone on twitter was making fun of Carlson for complaining that the green M&M wasn't sexy anymore. And, yes, that part is real.

STATELAW

Feb 2, 2011
Carlson got fired because he pushed back against the Trump conspiracy theories. He called Rudy Giuliani an idiot and Trumps lawyer a “stupid cünt”. Also said that trumps presidency was a disaster.
Yes he did all those things privately, while stating different positions (Trump favorable) on his show. So did he get pushed out b/c the fox audience wouldn't trust him? (rating are strong) or b/c fox didn't like the idea of him being the evening centerpiece through the '24 election? No matter your answer to that question, this situation highlights numerous problems related to media in this country.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
He's been my dark horse candidate to run in the gop primary for a couple years.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Who amongst us hasn't cost our company 800 million?
I don't watch Infotainment, but my understanding was that Tucker criticized the stories they got sued for.

Fox seems to have a weird mix now where they've got some ownership and leadership that doesn't really like the rightward tilt, you've got some leadership that likes the rightward tilt but they want the chamber of commerce type establishment push, and you've got some entertainers that lean into the populist, antiestablishment flavor of the rightward tilt. But again, this is from reading about fox, and I'm not sure reporting on the infotainment networks is any more reliable than the networks themselves.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Carlson got fired because he pushed back against the Trump conspiracy theories. He called Rudy Giuliani an idiot and Trumps lawyer a “stupid cünt”. Also said that trumps presidency was a disaster.
Once aGAIN proving both sides are ****** with hypocrisy... neither side likes to be called out by someone stating the truth.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Tucker's prolly gonna resurface somewhere soon on Newsmax, OANN ..etc.... There's reason he demolished all other cable news shows in ratings.
He's not going to cry over this at all. He'll go somewhere where he can't generate as much revenue, but he gets a bigger share of it and more control. Wouldn't be shocked to see him try to do an independent show. I think that's easier with a show that doesn't rely on graphics and visual media. Not sure if that is his show or not. Also may depend on how much of his audience is older.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Hold on. Tucker hates Trump but the higher ups at Fox love Trump?

seems kind of backwards to me.

• Love
Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login