What is going to happen to the PAC 2?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Cease to exist. They’ve partnered with WCC or somebody out there for other sports excluding baseball I believe.

It doesn't mention football unless I miss read it. That is possible.

KnoxvilleDawg

Aug 9, 2021
I have a couple of co-workers that are WSU grads. They said most of the non-revenue sports are playing the WCC schools but aren't actually members of that conference. They said the football side is trying to gather enough decent west coast programs to reconstitute the PAC12 (or 10 or whatever) to remain a P5 football conference for 2025 and beyond. WSU is a lot like MSU - rural area, smaller fan base than UW, hard to get to campus, etc. - so we have a lot in common outside of the Mike Leach connection.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
OSU and WSU have paired with the Mountain West in a scheduling agreement for football next season. They are going to play majority MW teams but they won’t count as conference games for anyone. They are going to keep the Pac-12 logo on the fields because they’re hoping to eventually merge with another conference (probably the MW) and keep the Pac-12 brand. In most other sports, they’ve joined the WCC for now and are a part of that conference and are eligible for the conference championship in those sports.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Still surprised the Big 12 hasn't tried to snatch them up. But as it turns out, they (Pac-2) have bought themselves a little time by winning the money war with the rest of their conference, so they have a year or so to figure out, like @FlotownDawg said.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
They have 2 years to figure it out.
Personally, I hope WSU and OSU win the cases that have come and will come with regard to who is the 'pac12' and who gets to keep money fron the conference.
And then I hope they can pull in Boise State, Fresno State, Utah State, and more to keep the pac# conference going.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
It's the Tu PAC.
music quote GIF

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
They will become apart of wcc or mountain west eventually. They may call it the pac 12 but that's essentially what it will be. They won't be a power 5 anymore. Not enough good big schools to be power 5. It would be like us and Arkansas essentially playing sunbelt schedule. Big 12 at least added enough power 5 teams to stay in the power 4. I wish they would do away with numbers in the conference names. It's stupid. Rebrand.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login