What is it about Bama that scares us?

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Evert single sport that we play them in, we look like a deer in headlights.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Well to be fair they are at the top of the standings and State isn’t the only one they’ve beat up on. It’s two completely contrasting styles of play and Bama at times could have all five positions on the floor that can shoot from outside. Just way too much firepower.

Until Jans gets more shooting or utilizes the personnel he has on the team currently, it’s going to be a problem.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I think it is because when the athletes were younger they all played against one another. School ball or AAU. They know who won those games and who is the better athlete.

The lesser athletes play tight or over their head. Last night; cheater pipe tight.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
As others have said, it’s not being skeered.

The Bammers are what they are: A Collosus of Yore that will rampage through SEC bouncyball like their Football counterparts have done under the tutelage of the Lucifer-Blessed Paul Bryant, Old Nick Saban, and She’ev Palpatine.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Wait til we see their 6'9" 5-Star guard next year. We oughta match up well with him. Anyway, Byrne went out and found a "Nick Saban" level coach for their basketball program. I expect he'll dominate like Saban did for the next 20 years.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Wait til we see their 6'9" 5-Star guard next year. We oughta match up well with him. Anyway, Byrne went out and found a "Nick Saban" level coach for their basketball program. I expect he'll dominate like Saban did for the next 20 years.
Think they will every get serious about baseball? Asking fans to keep up high energy, expenditures and excitement though football and basketball seasons is a tall order, to add baseball to that would be another ask. There's only so much "fan energy" to go around in smaller markets. Could it be they're not "all in" on baseball on purpose? Even at State, OM, LSU and Ark, baseball really doesn't make much in the way of profit.

Last edited:

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Thank they will every get serious about baseball? Asking fans to keep up high energy, expenditures and excitement though football and basketball seasons is a tall order, to add baseball to that would be another ask. There's only so much "fan energy" to go around in smaller markets. Could it be they're not "all in" on baseball on purpose? Even at State, OM, LSU and Ark, baseball really doesn't make much in the way of profit.
They'll always be competitive in baseball and every few years have a really good team, but mostly they are just average. The high school baseball talent in Alabama is very good and we take a lot of that away from them and Auburn just because of our tradition and great fan base.

Reactions: HuntDawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Evert single sport that we play them in, we look like a deer in headlights.
Baseball is 19-6 dating back to 2014 so there's that (0 games 2020 and 2 rain outs in that period). Not inclined to look it up but WBB has fared pretty well too from what I remember

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Thank they will every get serious about baseball?
Unfortunately, yes. Byrne has said as much. They are going to pay/overpay whatever is necessary for coaches, players, and probably facilities at some point. I think the 15-year run in football gave the university and the town so much money and growth that they will be a problem at this point in any sport they get serious with.

PS Nate Oats is still the whiniest b1tch in college sports.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Baseball is 19-6 dating back to 2014 so there's that (0 games 2020 and 2 rain outs in that period). Not inclined to look it up but WBB has fared pretty well too from what I remember
WBB is 9-4 since the 2013-2014 season. 1 loss was in Vic's first season and the other 3 losses have come since the 2019-2020 season. They upset Vic once during his last season and swept their two games against NMP during her season. Doug Novak retired undefeated against them though.

I went ahead and checked Softball too. We're 4-15 against Bama with a grand total of 1 series win since 2014.

Volleyball is 5-8 against Bama since 2014, but we are 4-0 since 2020.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Two games against Bama, Kentucky, Auburn makes Six game against Top Ten teams.

Question: Do the other SEC teams have scheduled that front loaded in the schedule?
Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Reactions: preacher_dawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login