What is the cheapest streaming service to get espn?

Fighting Irish.sixpack

Oct 26, 2012
I have DIRECTV. I also have a subscription to ESPN plus.

I cannot get any of their programming tonight on the app. If this nonsense continues, I will have to have a streaming subscription to be able to watch this weekend. Is there something cheap that offers ESPN? I know that YouTube is the cheapest at $75 per month.

grinningmule

Jul 15, 2021
wait till Friday and pick one with a free trial period. You can watch ABC/ESPN+ games on Hulu

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Sling Orange. You can probably get a free trial for a few days.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I do sling with the sports add on. Sling is 40/mo and the sports add on is like 10 more and it includes SEC network

edit: espn and espn2 are on sling orange without the add on

Reactions: El Perro Grande

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
After all the dumbasz threads you throw out here weekly during football and baseball season you actually come here asking for help from us? I seriously hope you can't find a new TV provider or our game on the radio even. I hope the only game you can find is "Noodle Arms" game on your ESPN+, enjoy it!

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Wholoo not lswhoo is the way to go. The other streaming options aren't so bad. Tried them all just settled on wholoo as it was way cheaper than dish or direct as i got interested in streaming. It actually worked on att "broadband" 25MB service at the time. Will begin to shop around next year after the cws to see if I can save some money. Once you move to streaming it seems to be the internet price is the price that matters.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I'm just sticking with TuneIn radio minus Jack. French camp station. I'm not sold yet on needing to watch this team on TV. Maybe after this weekend I might get more "woolly" and spring for a carrier. I need to make sure one I go with is not in negotiations with Disney. They pull this cr@p all the time.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I do sling with the sports add on. Sling is 40/mo and the sports add on is like 10 more and it includes SEC network

edit: espn and espn2 are on sling orange without the add on
Does SECN/SECN+ come with that now? Seems like it didn't when I checked. That's basically the only drawback of it.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

I cannot get any of their programming tonight on the app. If this nonsense continues, I will have to have a streaming subscription to be able to watch this weekend. Is there something cheap that offers ESPN? I know that YouTube is the cheapest at $75 per month.
hopefully this will all be worked out in the next day or two.

OldVideoGuy

Jun 25, 2021
Genuine question because I really am curious - what is your reasoning for sticking with DirecTV and paying almost 3x what YouTubeTV or Hulu cos

Genuine question because I really am curious - what is your reasoning for sticking with DirecTV and paying almost 3x what YouTubeTV or Hulu cost?
I have DirecTV Stream and it's cost is comparable to YouTube TV. I switched from YouTubeTV to DirecTV Stream because A) they carried BallySports and I want to be able to watch the Braves and B) they were offering a Sunday Ticket package at the time and I want to be able to watch the Steelers. I'm going to try and wait out the dispute because the wife got me tickets to the Braves and Steeler games this weekend in Atlanta so I won't be watching much if any TV

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
So, I just signed up for a promotional month of Sling TV for $15. Goes up to $40 after the first month, when I will probably cancel. If you want SECN, though, that is another $11 per month (it's a sports bundle with other channels).

Once the promotion is over, the $51 per month is pretty comparable to the HULU/Disney+/ESPN+ bundle with HULU live TV added in. I will probably cancel after the first month, but my promotional also included a free month of AMC+, and there's a couple of shows on the AMC app I want to check out.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

I've heard that whenever a person wants to watch a football game that the person otherwise can't access, the person can go to YT and type in (for example) "Mississippi State Eastern Kentucky live stream" and watch it for free.

Not sure whether that's true though.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You can do a free trial of YouTubeTV. Thats what I’m going to do if it’s not resolved by the weekend.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I've heard that whenever a person wants to watch a football game that the person otherwise can't access, the person can go to YT and type in (for example) "Mississippi State Eastern Kentucky live stream" and watch it for free.

That's how I watched FSU/Boston College last night. Crappy pic and audio started fading in and during the 2nd half but it was free. I have since signed up with Hulu.

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
You can do a free trial of YouTubeTV. Thats what I’m going to do if it’s not resolved by the weekend.
Went ahead and picked up espn+ during our tragic regional and it's turned out to be a good combo with youtubeTV. just gotta figure out something for Sundays now.

coachtaylor.sixpack

Aug 10, 2013

I watched every game I wanted to this weekend on YouTube

Reactions: Dawg1976 and dog12

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012

you get 7 day free trial with youtube tv sign up thursday and maybe by next week DTV will be settled with ESPN.
i dropped DTV in July for youtube tv, its different as far as recording goes but i'm still getting used to it and flipping through THE GAMES you want to watch suxs. But oh well, its cheaper by about $60 a month.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We use YouTube TV. It's a bad time to change, and it's tough on the user. YouTube TV or Hulu + this late for the cost difference. YouTube TV is pretty easy to navigate and cheaper.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
If you are looking for cheap, and enjoy the NFL, YouTubetv has the redzone channel with their 10.99 sports package. Me and the baby momma kinda get wet listening to Scott Hanson every Sunday, tbh.

Is there a better package than YouTubetv plus sports package? Basically 90$ for six months while NFL is on

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
If you are looking for cheap, and enjoy the NFL, YouTubetv has the redzone channel with their 10.99 sports package. Me and the baby momma kinda get wet listening to Scott Hanson every Sunday, tbh.

Is there a better package than YouTubetv plus sports package? Basically 90$ for six months while NFL is on
I’m still with Directv because it’s the only way I can watch the Grizzlies and Cardinals on Bally Sports. As soon as those two get away from that trainwreck of a network I’ll be looking to change.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I’m still with Directv because it’s the only way I can watch the Grizzlies and Cardinals on Bally Sports. As soon as those two get away from that trainwreck of a network I’ll be looking to change.
They should pay both of those franchise fan bases royalties for risking bodily harm to attend a game

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022

Just curious, if a person were to do something like this, is it only a live stream or can you pause and rewind?

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Just curious, if a person were to do something like this, is it only a live stream or can you pause and rewind?
Hmmm . . . I don't know. The person that was telling me about it hasn't tried that.

Maybe someone else can jump in and answer your question?

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
I use DIRECTV stream because YtTv doesn’t have history or didn’t when I was shopping. I let ESPN+ go this summer because I had no use for it. My question is, since they don’t have it currently and it asks for a tv provider, does this mean rejoining ESPN + still won’t get me access?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I use DIRECTV stream because YtTv doesn’t have history or didn’t when I was shopping. I let ESPN+ go this summer because I had no use for it. My question is, since they don’t have it currently and it asks for a tv provider, does this mean rejoining ESPN + still won’t get me access?
I use ESPN+ quite a bit. I usually drop it during the summertime because I'm not using it, for the same reason that you said. The only problem is reestablishing my membership. Every year, it's very difficult. I guess there are way too many folks like me and you who are trying to establish your ESPN Plus membership at the same time.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Genuine question because I really am curious - what is your reasoning for sticking with DirecTV and paying almost 3x what YouTubeTV or Hulu cost?
Still with directv, it hasn’t been 2X the cost for me, with the loyalty and bundle discounts I get it annually has been $110/mo on average. Other reasons:
1. Consistent good picture quality, never buffers when my neighborhood internet slows, or too many other family members are gaming/streaming.
2. MLB network and Bally, watch both a lot.

For this weekend will just use one of the free stream sites. If directv ever stops offering their massive loyalty discounts i‘d likely switch.

Reactions: StateCollege
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login