What kinda payout will Harsin walk away with at AU?......

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Now I am hearing that AU has implemented a policy that employees must cooperate with investigations or be terminated and that Harsin by virtue of being on vacay out of the country could be termed with cause because of it?

It is abundantly clear that he will not be coaching on the plains next season. I also don't know how he can enjoy his vacation with all this going on with his job. I think perhaps he knows he is done, the university knows he is done and everything at this point is just gamesmanship to determine how much he gets paid. There is no way on God's green earth that AU is going to walk away with no buy out. A settlement is coming and this latest move by AU is a strategy to try and make that more in their favor.

I think he will settle for around $10-12M or perhaps a little more if he is willing to spread it out over more time.

Other predictions?

Aug 22, 2012
I know someone in the Auburn athletic department that said you could tell immediately that he was sleeping with that girl. That’s the very definition of a rumor, but this person said this before all this came out publicly. So take it for what you will.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
IMO: The policy was instituted to provide the framework for asking Harsin to submit a sworn statement about whether he had done anything inappropriate with the assistant. If/when Harsin declines, he is fired for cause. If he gives a statement swearing he did nothing, if he is lying and they can prove it, then the perjury trap will have been sprung and that will be cause for his firing. I agree this is gamesmanship and the set-up.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login