What NFL games today have the most riding on them

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Cowboys/Washington and Eagles/Giants are big. Basically, the difference between a 2/3 seed and a 5.

Cowboys win and they’re the 2 seed. Eagles win and Cowboys lose, Cowboys are the 5 seed. Winning today keeps Cowboys in Arlington for rounds 1 & 2 (assuming they win round 1) and could put the NFC Championship in Arlington if somebody fools around and beats SF.

I don’t know who has the tiebreaker between Eagles and Lions. If Eagles win and Cowboys lose, I’m not sure who would be the 2/3 seed, but Lions are on their way to a win today.

Bucs won, so they win the NFC South, but I think the Saints are still mathematically alive depending on GB vs Chicago and Seattle vs Arizona.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Cowboys/Washington and Eagles/Giants are big. Basically, the difference between a 2/3 seed and a 5.

Cowboys win and they’re the 2 seed. Eagles win and Cowboys lose, Cowboys are the 5 seed. Winning today keeps Cowboys in Arlington for rounds 1 & 2 (assuming they win round 1) and could put the NFC Championship in Arlington if somebody fools around and beats SF.

I don’t know who has the tiebreaker between Eagles and Lions. If Eagles win and Cowboys lose, I’m not sure who would be the 2/3 seed, but Lions are on their way to a win today.

Bucs won, so they win the NFC South, but I think the Saints are still mathematically alive depending on GB vs Chicago and Seattle vs Arizona.
Saints need the Packers and Seahawks to lose.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
The jags losing opened the door for quite a few teams to take more control of their destiny.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020

Eagles have tie breaker over Lions based on strength of victories per ESPN Playoff Machine.

Reactions: Dawgg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
What a collapse by the Jags. Were 8-3 after 11 games and finished 1-5 to fall completely out of the playoffs. Trevor Lawrence a bit overrated?

• Wow
Reactions: patdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Off course cowboys not on tv in my market. Dont give too ***** about the Seahawks and cardinals I can check the scores for their games

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Yeah. Seems likely we see a Bills / Dolphins rematch next week, but in Buffalo.
Buffalo win gives them the 2 seed and Miami the 6 seed.
Miami win gives them the 2 seed and Buffalo the 7 seed.
Only way there would be a rematch would be in Miami.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Kinda OT but I just ran across this,,,..,,pretty funny

A reporter asked John Riggins if the 1983 team could beat the current Commanders team.
He thought for a second and said, “yes, but it would probably be close. Maybe 21-17.”
The reporter asked, “really, why so close?”
Riggins answered, “because most of us are in our 70’s.”

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Weather could be a big factor in some of the games next week. Going to be cold and possibly snowy across much of the country by next weekend.
It’s possible that Miami, KC and Tampa Bay are the only three games played outdoors next weekend. I’d bet KC would be the only one with major weather concerns.

If Buffalo beats Miami, Pittsburgh at Buffalo and Miami at KC would likely be ugly in whiteouts.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s possible that Miami, KC and Tampa Bay are the only three games played outdoors next weekend. I’d bet KC would be the only one with major weather concerns.

If Buffalo beats Miami, Pittsburgh at Buffalo and Miami at KC would likely be ugly in whiteouts.
KC forecast next Sunday is high of 11 & chance of snow.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login