What positions concern you in football?

BKCBully

Jul 19, 2013
I'm starting to get a little wool. I know there's a big change in offense, But I feel like we got a good year coming.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Guards - these guys haven’t pulled in a minute
Tight end - we’re hoping someone who never touched the field at UGA is gonna produce
Safety - no proven production
Pash rusher - who replaces Wheat as the threat to get the qb?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Hopefully one of the portal corners is serviceable.
Yeah I’d imagine we are decent at CB this year. It’s just hard to replace a guy like Forbes. I just wonder how good this scheme can be without shut down corners.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
None. We are easily a 10 win team. If Rogers throws for 4k in this offense we may win all 12

I'm starting to get a little wool. I know there's a big change in offense, But I feel like we got a good year coming.
"a little wool"? You've got more wool than a 1970's Playboy centerfold. Rogers didn't hit 4,000 yds last year in the Air Raid, why would he in a run/pass offense. Y'all need to lower your expectations

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Doggy style! My knees aren’t what they used to be but on the bright side we can both watch the game.
After age 40, your knees should never be in play. Work smarter not harder. If your bed isn't the right height for you to stand that's on poor planning. Adjustable beds are cheaper than knee replacements.

BKCBully

Jul 19, 2013
"a little wool"? You've got more wool than a 1970's Playboy centerfold. Rogers didn't hit 4,000 yds last year in the Air Raid, why would he in a run/pass offense. Y'all need to lower your expectations
I didn't say anything about 4k yards or 10 wins. But with an actual run threat,and minus the dink and dunk I do think he could put up some great numbers. We are finally putting the 5-6 to 5-10 speedsters in the slot instead of outside. We are gonna have true tight ends now. Unless the offense is rocket science to learn it should be really productive with all the returning talent.

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
QB. Will is mid tier in the conference and a nice, low risk player, but he lacks the athletic upside for us to really punch above our weight.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
OL early in the Season and QB all season. How many SEC teams would Rogers start for?
He would be a Heisman candidate at Bummer or UGA. That's still not saying much though. I hope he gets over his early game bad throws. Once he settles in he is pretty consistent.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Recruiting coordinator. I see all these on the field positions being discussed. Yeah 14 straight bowl games would be cool, but when is the last time we had a crootin championship? I have been told, that’s what matters.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
DB on defense. We lost a great CB and all our safeties. On offense it is RB due to new offense. Woody will get banged up and come out quite a bit, so who will step up when this happens. I'm not concerned about the OL since blocking will be easier when the defense doesn't peel their ears back every play to pass rush. They have to play it more honest. We have veterans on the OL. TE is a question mark and I don't believe we have a game changer there on the roster, but I'll feel ok with just solid TE play as long as the RBs and WRs are productive.

CB, S, RB

Reactions: patdog

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
He would be a Heisman candidate at Bummer or UGA. That's still not saying much though. I hope he gets over his early game bad throws. Once he settles in he is pretty consistent.
Don't think so. Stetson Bennett had a stronger arm and was a much better runner than Will, but never was a serious heisman candidate.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Hard to really find a weakness. Guess you'd have to go K because why not, TE because it's new and we have 2 new players, and CB because of Forbes.

But with TE, at least our 2 guys are older. And we have replacements at CB, though they won't be Forbes obviously.

If you want to worry about things, worry about 2024. I'm going to enjoy 2023.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
DL. Can they hold their own in the middle or manufacture enough pressure without Wheat/Young/Charlton? That will determine a lot for this D, and can make the new CBs jobs manageable, or can expose the **** out of them.

I think the offense will be fine.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
QB. Will is mid tier in the conference and a nice, low risk player, but he lacks the athletic upside for us to really punch above our weight.
I genuinely hope he makes me eat my words, but I would take mid-tier in the SEC right now. But I am highly skeptical that he is going to be that good in the new offense.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Don't think so. Stetson Bennett had a stronger arm and was a much better runner than Will, but never was a serious heisman candidate.
Stetson was too small and not as accurate as Will. Give him UGA's line and he would bury Bennett.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Stetson was too small and not as accurate as Will. Give him UGA's line and he would bury Bennett.
Maybe not as accurate, but Stetson can move much better and throws a better deep ball. Will threw a nice deep ball in the spring game, hopefully, he will show marked improvement in that area in the upcoming season. Just because of mobility and the stronger arm, I'd take Stetson. I hoping (thinking) Will is going to be improved in both of those areas. Stetson was a 4th round pick, had Will come out this year, he'd been an UDFA.

ETA - I'm not hating on Will at all, I love the kid. I think he will show us something this year.

Last edited:

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
1: Offensive Line
2. Offensive Line
3. Offensive Line
4. Offensive Line
5. Offensive Line
1684500967032.png

I see a lot of experience coming back. I'm not sure how they adjust to new offense, but OL generally have more trouble with pass blocking than run blocking. We also have JUCO Leon Bell coming in to compete. This also doesn't include Kameron Jones who was hurt during spring. He might be RT with Dolla Bill moving to LT.

You always worry about protection and the big uglies, but I wouldn't say it is my biggest concern going into the fall.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login