What the hell are you guys talking about?

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
This chicken toss conspiracy theory has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever read, GP or here. And some people are really upset that Abner is making us rednecks do this at halftime of our basketball games. Because it makes us look like rednecks, OM should have to do it too. Because we all know, that the whole Country tunes in to watch MSU basketball halftime shows just to see what rednecks we really are. Why does OM and Abner have to control everything we do at MState? Whyyyyyy?</p>

MrHooch

Feb 25, 2008
what is going on is that some MSU fans who take themselves WAY too seriously can't stomach the thought of a little pointless, goofy half-time entertainment at basketball games. They call it 'redneck' which is retarded...NASCAR and monster trucks are redneck, this is basically a game of catch with a humorous 'ball'.

Also it's apparently being forced on us, because god knows we're too stupid to think for ourselves.

Nevermind that one of the WILLING participants has a shot at free tuition (to MSU, <span style="text-decoration: underline;">not</span> Ole Miss) if they win...I mean think about it you goobers....we're getting what is essentially an Ole Miss owned establishment to pay tuition to MSU... what is tuition up to these days, anyway? That's gotta be a hefty chunk of cash.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
You don't win tuition for the Abner's chicken sling. You win a gift certificate to Abner's. The free tuition is for the Hardee's Tuition Shootout.

jlat13

Nov 1, 2007
The free tuition part is the hardee's shoot out you actually only get like $10 gift certificate to abners if you win the chicken sling

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Some people allow the rivalry between Ole Miss and MSU to dispose of what little common sense and reasoning they had. Sheep on both sides think the CL is out to get them. Our sheep think Bob K got Doc hired as a plant, but then later changed that to Bob getting Doc fired. I'm still confused on that one. Ole Miss is responsible for our latest football sanctions. Trent Lott being a brother-in-law to Dickie Scruggs meant he was funnelling all sorts of fed money to Ole Miss. Abner's, which started in Oxford, makes us do halftime rubber chicken tosses in an effort to make us look more redneck, because rubber chicken tossing is immediately identified at the world's #1 redneck activity. I'm sure I left a few black helicopters out so feel free to add.

It's amazing to me that people assume that because they are obsessed with the rivalry the rest of the fanbases are as well. Newsflash, most people don't really care that much, certainly not enough to affect business and enjoyment. Abner isn't a MSU fan, but he can run a successful eating establishment in Starkville and boost that establishment by sponsoring at MSU basketball games. Also, has anyone considered that the chicken toss might have been MSU's idea, perhaps a student organization or something like that suggested it? A lot of people have gone to both schools, some of those being very powerful and influential people. If I see someone with an Ole Miss hat on I don't go into hate mode where I won't have anything to do with them. I could care less. I hope we beat them every time out in every sport, but I don't sit around waiting on them to fail so I can take enjoyment in that.

TnDawg76

Feb 17, 2008
At Vandy last week, you know Vandy, the Harvard of the SEC. Rednecks can't get in that school, so I would assume they would have a Shakespeare quoting contest or a Calculus competition during the break. No, they are sponsored by a local realtor and the competition is that they blindfold a guy, make him crawl on his hands and knees and find a cardboard house that has been placed on the court. The crowd yells and supposedly helps him find his way home. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. That **** was awesome!!

/s</p>

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
but he needs to get his hearing checked. he did nothing but crawl back and forth across the floor. you couldve blindfolded a dog and it wouldve done better.

ShaNaNa

Feb 28, 2008
People are all pissy saying the Chicken toss makes us look like rednecks.

News Flash: We Are

And I ain't got no problem with that thar

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I agree with that. We have way too many fans that take the rivalry too seriously and take it personally. I love Ole Miss, and I hate MSU. I want us to win every time out and I like to see you lose. That's a healthy rivalry. But that doesn't mean I can't be friends with MSU people. I have plenty of MSU friends and we get along fine. We rib each other about sports, but it's not personal. Save the disowning and blood-feuds for Alabama-Auburn. I've always thought Ole Miss-MSU was more of a friendly rivalry. We hate each other, but we go to church together, do business with each other, and even have split families, all without letting the rivalry get in the way...at least for most of us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login