What type of offense is our football team running this season?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
It’s called the FSF offense. First we Fart, then we Stumble, and finally we Fall down. I’m really excited to see another year of disappointment and despair.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It will be yet another season where our offense isn’t good enough to win an SEC or national title. If you haven’t already renewed your season tickets, you should probably go ahead and cancel them***

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
I’ve heard Barbay is upgrade over Leach, Leach was doing something that would never work in the sec according to Bracky in a recent ESPN article. so we should Easily surpass last years offensive numbers and wins total, the schedule is easier.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Is this a serious question? Google Barbay or go to YouTube and search for Barbay offense and it’s right there for everyone to see. It’s a balanced offense where we will probably throw it more than we run it-and the throws will probably be deeper down field than what Leach threw it. The offense has been very well described and explained for anyone paying attention….

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’ve heard Barbay is upgrade over Leach, Leach was doing something that would never work in the sec according to Bracky in a recent ESPN article. so we should Easily surpass last years offensive numbers and wins total, the schedule is easier.
Show me one post where anyone said that Barbay would be an upgrade over Leach. But the fact remains, we were 9th in the SEC in scoring last year, and that was with a lot of defensive and special teams touchdowns.

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
You must not read any other boards, it’s all over the place. If you didn’t know, Leach was playing Tulu out of position, his offense was too simplified, didn’t take enough shots down field, didn’t run it enough, the defense carried the team , Bracky Brett recently said Leach was running n offense that was never going to work at Miss State. So clearly Barbay is an upgrade over Leach.

im also hearing that we will exceed the 31.6 ppg we averaged last year and the defense is going to dominate, so I don’t see how we don’t win more games. We don’t play Georgia and have an easier schedule.

• Wow
Reactions: dawgman42

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Is this a serious question? Google Barbay or go to YouTube and search for Barbay offense and it’s right there for everyone to see. It’s a balanced offense where we will probably throw it more than we run it-and the throws will probably be deeper down field than what Leach threw it. The offense has been very well described and explained for anyone paying attention….
Don’t ruin their bitching vibe they have going throwing some facts in here.

patdog

May 28, 2007
You must not read any other boards, it’s all over the place. If you didn’t know, Leach was playing Tulu out of position, his offense was too simplified, didn’t take enough shots down field, didn’t run it enough, the defense carried the team , Bracky Brett recently said Leach was running n offense that was never going to work at Miss State. So clearly Barbay is an upgrade over Leach.

im also hearing that we will exceed the 31.6 ppg we averaged last year and the defense is going to dominate, so I don’t see how we don’t win more games. We don’t play Georgia and have an easier schedule.
So they’re saying it on “other boards” but not this one. Interesting. You still haven’t shown me one post or comment where any one said Barbary was an improvement. We averaged 25 ppg in SEC games with a lot of help from defense & special teams. And at South Carolina is gonna be a real tough game, plus Auburn will get a lot better. The next year’s schedule is easy is way overblown. It’s yet another very difficult schedule.

Reactions: dawgman42

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
So they’re saying it on “other boards” but not this one. Interesting. You still haven’t shown me one post or comment where any one said Barbary was an improvement. We averaged 25 ppg in SEC games with a lot of help from defense & special teams. And at South Carolina is gonna be a real tough game, plus Auburn will get a lot better. The next year’s schedule is easy is way overblown. It’s yet another very difficult schedule.
Right, so the Offense under Leach was subpar, essentially the defense and special teams carried us. We should be much improved. South Carolina is not undefeated national champion Georgia. We have 8 home games.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Right, so the Offense under Leach was subpar, essentially the defense and special teams carried us. We should be much improved. South Carolina is not undefeated national champion Georgia. We have 8 home games.
So I see the real issue here is your ability to understand , not what was posted or said.

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
So I see the real issue here is your ability to understand , not what was posted or said.
im just ready to win ten games now that we have an Offense that is balanced, uses tight ends , runs the ball and throws deep. With 8 home games I don’t see how we don’t win ten.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It’s called the T-bone. Combines elements of the wing-t and the wishbone
I thought it was the Wing Bone?
Owen Wilson Wing It GIF by moodman

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

I think he was trolling with sarcasm to get a dig in at all the Leach detractors. Just how I read it.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Based on just 3 years I would have a hard time arguing with Bracky but MAN that offense was a thing of beauty when it worked. I will NEVER Rule Out Leach would have eventually (sooner than later) gotten the right players for his system and succeeded / got much better however.

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
It's the type of offense that turns grown men into Karens and dumbasses.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think he was trolling with sarcasm to get a dig in at all the Leach detractors. Just how I read it.
I don't think there's any doubt he's a troll. But he's not a very good one. Way too off the top. The best trolls are a little more subtle so you're not really sure if they're trolling or serious.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I don't think there's any doubt he's a troll. But he's not a very good one. Way too off the top. The best trolls are a little more subtle so you're not really sure if they're trolling or serious.

Indeed. The Bracky part was a dead giveaway.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
To be fair, our defense has always carried us. We’ve never had a dominant SEC offense. Our only chance to be good is to have dominant defense, at least Leach, I’d say, understood that. He picked out a very good d-coord and gave him total control of the defense, and didn’t hamper him in recruiting to the Air Raid. It’s really too bad Mohead was such a nice guy, he had a great defense handed to him, that would’ve been dominant had his offense been pedestrian. Moorhead tried overhauling our offense, 2 years later, Leach tried it too. Now it’s Barbay’s turn.

Hopefully, this time it works well enough we’ll stick with it a while. Don’t worry, to be successful, we’re gonna need to throw the ball. We’re never gonna be able to out-athlete anyone in the SEC. We’ve got to find success in some form of a balanced attack, we’re not gonna do it throwing or running 80% of the time. Just not gonna happen at MSU.

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
I'm just wondering if the ones that got on to us that bitches about the leach offense and all the passing and told us to support the coach will do the same now? I doubt it.
Have to agree with you, let’s hold this staff to the same standard as the last staff, thats fair.

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
Based on just 3 years I would have a hard time arguing with Bracky but MAN that offense was a thing of beauty when it worked. I will NEVER Rule Out Leach would have eventually (sooner than later) gotten the right players for his system and succeeded / got much better however.
Yea I was really surprised Bracky took a shot at Leach like that after he had passed. I guess he was trying to prop up Arnett by doing it. read It for yourself it was a short ESPN story on Arnett and the offense about a week ago.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Yea I was really surprised Bracky took a shot at Leach like that after he had passed. I guess he was trying to prop up Arnett by doing it. read It for yourself it was a short ESPN story on Arnett and the offense about a week ago.
This one?

Reactions: QMartinez

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Y’all are some dumb 17’s if you’re concerned how our offense will perform compared to last several years

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Bracky was quoted in a recent article by ESPN on Arnett. Look it up, I was surprised by his comment.

Nah, I’m not going to look it up because I don’t give a flying 17 what our NCAA compliance director thinks about the offense, the defense, the coaching, or anything else related to on-field performance.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
To be fair, our defense has always carried us. We’ve never had a dominant SEC offense. Our only chance to be good is to have dominant defense, at least Leach, I’d say, understood that. He picked out a very good d-coord and gave him total control of the defense, and didn’t hamper him in recruiting to the Air Raid. It’s really too bad Mohead was such a nice guy, he had a great defense handed to him, that would’ve been dominant had his offense been pedestrian. Moorhead tried overhauling our offense, 2 years later, Leach tried it too. Now it’s Barbay’s turn.

Hopefully, this time it works well enough we’ll stick with it a while. Don’t worry, to be successful, we’re gonna need to throw the ball. We’re never gonna be able to out-athlete anyone in the SEC. We’ve got to find success in some form of a balanced attack, we’re not gonna do it throwing or running 80% of the time. Just not gonna happen at MSU.
Agreed. If people want to be worried about Barbay’s offense then go right ahead, but Leach’s version of the air raid where we threw the ball 80% of the time was not successful against teams with a pulse. The only way we can compete against decent SEC teams is with a more balanced attack or if Leach found a generational QB like Dak. The air raid wasn’t working but people on here will act like it did because of how things tragically ended with Leach.

Reactions: patdog

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
This offense thrives on balance. You going to see more balance in terms of running against the correct fronts and more stretching of the field vertically when the read calls for it. These are things I think most of us can agree is something good without having to abandon the AR. I mean as many people have said the AR concepts are in most passing games these days an example being everybody runs mesh concept. Just my thoughts or assumptions really.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login