What worries me about today

Jan 13, 2008
is I'm afraid Raffo will be given the first nod. If a new coach comes in, lets say Cohen, does Raffo leave? Will he be pissed he didn't get the job? Will the new coach bring in his new staff or hire a new one? Would LT and Polk be scared of losing Raffo due to him not getting the job? This shares the crap out of me. If Cohen can win at Kentucky, by damn, he can win at MSU.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
if Cohen comes in, Raffo's stuff will be out of his office within 24 hours

Jan 13, 2008
so if Polk has a say so in this hire, as we all know he will, Polk won't let that happen and Raffo becomes the head coach? Plus, aren't cohen and raffo former teammates?

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
JacksonDevilDog said:
so if Polk has a say so in this hire, as we all know he will, Polk won't let that happen and Raffo becomes the head coach? Plus, aren't cohen and raffo former teammates?

</p>thats why alot of us are worried. Raffo hasnt stayed on to be the hitting coach forever. Cohen wont keep him.

Feb 23, 2008
The guy's been a hitting coach going on 15 years. This day and age in collegiate athletics, if you're worth a damn, someone will find you and give you a shot. Has LT or Byrne either one not looked at our DP's this season? Hell, look at our hitting stats the last several years. We're at or near the bottom of our league every year in homeruns and most any other hitting category. Why in God's name do we honor incomptence? Between Woody's welfare and extension and this, I may need to dump my own alma mater and find a new school. If we did what we are supposed to do, we'd have people lined up from all around the country begging just to be interviewed. Hiring Raffo is the typical M-State way. Like I said the other day, the current state of our baseball program is the equivalent of a 4.2 forty track star with no desire to run. Why should we be surprised though? It's the M-State way that's trickled down from administration for years and years. The names may change but their bull **** stays the same.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login