What would you do for a national championship in football?

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
This would have been somewhat of an easier question before nil since it is now legal for players to be paid, but still…. With all of the discussion over Freeze being hired and how Auburn can’t stoop any lower. I wonder how far some of us would be willing to bend/break the rules and drive the program into the ground to get a championship. Would we hire the lowest low life to win? If we put ourselves in the head coaches spot how low would we go to hold the trophy?

- I would see problems for MSU with hiring Freeze or Urban but if I knew in 4-5 years we would be champions it would be tough not to.
- It’s hypocritical, but like to think that if I were the coach I would play by the rules.
- I would easily trade a decade straight of loosing records for a championship, maybe up to about 15 years worth.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
hotdog GIF

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
This would have been somewhat of an easier question before nil since it is now legal for players to be paid, but still…. With all of the discussion over Freeze being hired and how Auburn can’t stoop any lower. I wonder how far some of us would be willing to bend/break the rules and drive the program into the ground to get a championship. Would we hire the lowest low life to win? If we put ourselves in the head coaches spot how low would we go to hold the trophy?

- I would see problems for MSU with hiring Freeze or Urban but if I knew in 4-5 years we would be champions it would be tough not to.
- It’s hypocritical, but like to think that if I were the coach I would play by the rules.
- I would easily trade a decade straight of loosing records for a championship, maybe up to about 15 years worth.
I would go ahead and pay - or match the offer another school made - in the form of a donation to a generational "program-changing" player's father's church. And I feel certain it would work too, unless of course there was a certain humpback coach with a huge ego and an AD with higher aspirations than lowly ol' MSU who were unwilling to do what I was willing to do to win said championship.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I would go ahead and pay - or match the offer another school made - in the form of a donation to a generational "program-changing" player's father's church. And I feel certain it would work too, unless of course there was a certain humpback coach with a huge ego and an AD with higher aspirations than lowly ol' MSU who were unwilling to do what I was willing to do to win said championship.
Biggest 'Crootin' blunda evah. $180K? That's all it woulda cost? Schit. By any means neccessary would be my starting point other than something like Selling my Soul at The Crossroads.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login