Whatever man….

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
We won a championship last year, I’m happy. This team just isn’t going to turn the corner. I’m content just enjoying the remainder of the year and not getting so damn upset at these guys for underperforming at a monumental level. They just don’t have what it takes, and sometimes that happens with good programs. I love college baseball.

I’m removing myself emotionally and just enjoying it. I love all of you, see you at SBW. Hail State.

Last edited:

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Yea I’m rooting for players now —— the team is a lost cause.

Go #LT

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Yea I’m rooting for players now —— the team is a lost cause.
Go #LT

The only way I can move forward is to remove myself emotionally from the success or failure of this team. I still think we will win some games and make the tournament though.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
A while back I called Lemonis the Gene Chizic of Baseball. I took a lot of abuse for it. How many people have changed their mind and agree with me now?

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
A while back I called Lemonis the Gene Chizic of Baseball. I took a lot of abuse for it. How many people have changed their mind and agree with me now?
I'd rather have the "Gene Chizic" of Baseball than a DVH or Bianco with 20 years of failure. DVH had his chance but dropped it. My framed natty pic is gorgeous.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009

But the problem is that you’re a moron, and nobody thinks he’s anything close to the “Gene Chizic of baseball”. I’ll abuse you every time you say it because it’s nowhere close to reality.

Last edited:

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
But the problem is that you’re a moron, and nobody thinks he’s anything close to the “Gene Chizic of baseball”. I’ll abuse you every time you say it because it’s not anywhere close to reality.

He is. Chizik

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We won a championship last year, I’m happy. This team just isn’t going to turn the corner. I’m content just enjoying the remainder of the year and not getting so damn upset at these guys for underperforming at a monumental level. They just don’t have what it takes, and sometimes that happens with good programs. I love college baseball.

I’m removing myself emotionally and just enjoying it. I love all of you, see you at SBW. Hail State.

Welcome Aboard!

STLDawg

Apr 16, 2017
The results don’t lie, he’s the Chizik of baseball. This kind of decline is intolerable when building a program. That championship is gonna set state back a decade.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
The results don’t lie, he’s the Chizik of baseball. This kind of decline is intolerable when building a program. That championship is gonna set state back a decade.

Oh my word! All I heard for years was how all of our success in baseball did not mean diddly because we never won a title. Now that we have won one we have people complaining because it is setting us back. Unbelievable.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
That seriously may have been the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. We really do have some of the worst fans in sports. We finally win a Natty and some people complain about it. Complain about winning a national championship. Let that sink in.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
SPS Remembers? I say yes. Hard to forget a post this stupid.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012

Lemonis has something that no other coach in the history of the school has. In any sport. He will get the benefit of the doubt from me for a long time.

fang

Nov 29, 2010

Are you a 'protected player' like he who shall not be named....??

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Lemonis has something that no other coach in the history of the school has. In any sport. He will get the benefit of the doubt from me for a long time.

Agree. I've said Lemonis gets a lifetime exemption from criticism. At least from me.

patdog

May 28, 2007
No coach ever gets a lifetime exemption. But Lemonis does get this year.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I agree with this. As bad as this year seems to be. He does get a pass this year.

Anyone talking about firing Lemonis is a 17ing idiot. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. I have to assume trolls are talking that ****. No one is that damn stupid.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
A long exemption from being fired...absolutely. A long exemption from being criticized... are you crazy, WE ARE MState **

Last edited:

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Lifetime probably a little much but he gets more than a year from me. Quite possibly the only NC I will ever see in my lifetime so I'm good with him.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
We got swept by Arky last year at home and still won a natty.

There is LOTS of baseball left to be played.

Step away from the ledge folks, although some of you can go ahead and jump.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
We got swept by Arky last year at home and still won a natty.

There is LOTS of baseball left to be played.

Step away from the ledge folks, although some of you can go ahead and jump.

Yeah I’m with you in that, but I keep thinking this team is going to real me back in just like they do every other season. This program has a way of keeping you interested because it’s such a talented program with a history of winning, and playing well when it matters.

Something about this years squad is just different. We don’t have it, and I can’t keep thinking they are going to turn the corner. It ain’t happening

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
So if I understand the dumb *** trolls correctly you’ve given up on this team, want Lemonis gone because their having a down year due to graduations, the draft, major injuries and in some cases players presently not living up to their potential. So I guess 3 regional and super regional champs along with 3 consecutive World Series (2020 exception) and 1 National championship doesn’t allow for a off year. Like I said dumb *** trolls.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Gene Cheatzik bought Scam Newton and won a NC. Scam left and the rest is history. Nothing like our coach.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
It is important in baseball to get hot at the right time. Getting hot now doesn't mean you can sustain it through the playoffs. Lemonis is playing a lot of different players and working on the team chemistry. It isn't very pretty right now but the proof will be in the final results.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Good point. SPS Remembers is usually reserved for the smart and witty. But there should be a special category for nonsense like this.

We should have a Six Pack Dumbassest Post Today or of the Week reservef on the website for these Mensa level posts

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
God I hate some of our fans sometimes...he won a 17ing natty....what the hell do you want from the guy?

Connor Mead

Mar 4, 2014

I'm with you - Had you polled the fanbase last year and said we can win a NC this year but the next year or two will be a struggle, I think 99% would have taken it without hesitation. I'm fine with being "down" a year or so, as long as we are still trending in the right direction (meaning recruiting is good and it looks like players are developing). We still have a lot of season left and I think they will grow as the season goes on. Hard to replace what we lost, both last year and this year.

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009

As a life long MSU fan ... what you are trying to do just can't be done. But it's ok to try

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003

That is hilarious. I laughed at the last sentence because I read it as sarcasm.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login