What's been happening since last Saturday?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I wondered if you guys give me a rundown briefly on what's the latest with Mississippi State sports since Friday before last that I've missed and how many coaches are we looking for?

I'm still in the hospital but I'm supposed to get out tomorrow if they finish getting everything lined up for me to go home and set up with Home Care. I haven't really had a good grip on what I've been watching because I've been pretty crazy sick so any information would be great.

Last edited:

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
We’re looking for a new MBB so half the league shat dey britches and fired dey coaches too.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Sounds like another Miss State year is fully underway for MBB. Who's the underwhelming leader?

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Everyone I’ve heard seems to think we’re going to hire Murray State’s coach, which would be incredibke

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Baseball won 4 games in 4 days. Swept the mighty Princeton Tigers and blew out Binghamton 13-5 (don’t check the box score)

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Sims and Simmons are confirmed to be out for the year
Razor Ramone died
We hired a women's coach who reminds me of Matt Insell
Howland is going down swinging
Mike Leach is probably in Key West
Kellum Clark remembered how to hit, tying his # of home runs for last season hitting 5 in the last week and has a higher avg than Tanner and Hancock after not having a hit through like three weeks
Turns out that Parker Stinnett only stinks out of the pen and looks like Nolan Ryan as a starter

eta - Fighting Irish is still an insufferable bastard

Last edited:

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
Freddie Freeman is no longer A Brave .... And Kudu's to Uncle Ruckus for an outstanding recap

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Thanks! No I really mean it thanks! This was a really great recap I tried really long with the stuff but it didn't sink in until last night and today. I didn't catch the news with Clark though that's great to hear. As for the pitching we always seem to lose one or two every year don't we? I appreciate everything Howlanf has done but he needs to step aside.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
First and foremost, "Godspeed" to you...that is the most important topic

...After that, it's been QUITE eventful!

To wit:

* Coaching changes at MSU
* Infighting on the SPS Board
* Disagreement on aforementioned coaching changes
* Christmas moved to Decemeber
*...and more!

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Looks like I'm not going home today it's gonna be tomorrow. It's not because I'm still sick as much as it is that we can't get home health nurses lined up with taking care of the stuff I need once I get to the house. Well at least I can read the board now.

Oh, who made the most dumb *** post while I was gone? This should be an interesting Especially if Irish Spring or Putin's Cooter didn't get it

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
If there was a thread about Stinnett starting, im sure there were some doozy’s in there.
If you don’t know specifics, Stinnett started two games last week, allowed one run, struck out 25 or 26 batters, and was sec pitcher of the week. Forgot at add all that earlier.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yet another baseball player who was judge to be completely craptastic but finally found his niche on our team. Wonder what happens when two or three more to that this season?

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
If there was a thread about Stinnett starting, im sure there were some doozy’s in there.
If you don’t know specifics, Stinnett started two games last week, allowed one run, struck out 25 or 26 batters, and was sec pitcher of the week. Forgot at add all that earlier.

Not to mention we had a shortstop come in for relief on the mound and did a pretty good job of it as well #Forsythe

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login