What's going on at Barstool? Portnoy/Mintzy

Aug 22, 2012
[FONT=&]Seems like a very interesting place to work. But something's off?
[/FONT][FONT=&]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&][/FONT]

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I don't think it's a "work" but...

Seems like a very interesting place to work. But something's off?

But it seems exaggerated for the entertainment value. Barstool corporate offices seem like an awesome place to work** God bless Brandon Walker for navigating it successfully. I hope BFW gets big enough where he can work from home, with home being GTR.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
Well that's another situation in which we best the Rebs. BFW is entertaining. That guy.... well no so much.

Aug 22, 2012
Best I can tell

Best I can tell, some dude named Alex Stein bruised Portnoy's ego a little and Mintz is friends with him (the Stein guy).

The video of Stein doing some kind of performance art gag at the Las Vegas city council is pretty good (although I'm sure the usual characters will say it's not funny because he holds the wrong views on something or another). Apparently Barstool retweeted it and then their parent company or Portnoy made them take it down because it's critical of gambling.

[TWEET]1560012110498709504[/TWEET]

Aug 22, 2012
Also, apropos of nothing, Portnoy strikes me as the kind of guy who is trying to make up for being short and ugly by being rich. We'll see how that works out for him.

Big Cat, PFT & Brandon seem like genuine people who would be fun hangs.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
This is a Portnoy patented schtick. He gives his employees hell, very publicly, for entertainment value. When you sign on with Barstool, you agree to to be the butt of his jokes.

And in Portnoy's defense, he does let him employees razz him back quite a bit too. I don't find it entertaining, but the twitter-world does.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
O come on. Mintzy is a good dude and can be extremely entertaining, even though he doesn't try to be.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
It seems to have worked out for him pretty well so far. Most people who like Portnoy don't like him because he's a nice guy. They like him because he's a hard worker who has built a company from nothing into a company worth half a billion in 15 years. He has championed himself as the main talking head fighting back against PC and cancel culture, and people like that. I don't agree with everything (his stance on abortion), but who gives a damn.

He's an ******* to his employees from time to time, but ask any of them and they will tell you how much they respect the man as their boss. And how appreciative they are to have a job with him. His schtick is also funny.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
From an outside perspective, Portnoy and Barstool seem like the male version of a Real Housewives show.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
From an outside perspective, Portnoy and Barstool seem like the male version of a Real Housewives show.

That's precisely what it is: celebrity gossip for dudes who desperately worry about what other people think about their sexual orientation.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login