Whats the deal with Kyle McCord?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’m about done even trying to figure out all this horseshít with the current state of college football….but, Lebby didn’t want to target him at all? He’s out there visiting places like Nebraska and Syracuse. Have to think we would have rather had him than Shapen, or would rather have both instead of just Shapen.

Reactions: Dawg84

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
I’m about done even trying to figure out all this horseshít with the current state of college football….but, Lebby didn’t want to target him at all? He’s out there visiting places like Nebraska and Syracuse. Have to think we would have rather had him than Shapen, or would rather have both instead of just Shapen.
Take it you didn’t watch many Ohio St games. He’s the main reason their offense was one of the worst they’ve had in the last several years. Shapen is ahead of McCord by a wide margin. Don’t get fooled by the names on the front of the jerseys.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Perhaps he is visiting places like Nebraska and Syracuse because he’s not that good and none of the more prestigious schools want him. I don’t think Ohio State fans were to unhappy to see him go.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
He might not be good enough for Ohio State, but he's still a good QB. But having no mobility just doesn't fit this offense. I think he would still be a good QB for us, but I can't blame Lebby for not pursuing someone that would limit his playbook.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I guess we don't know how to pull the McCord.
Waynes World Thumbs Up GIF by Hollywood Suite

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I have major reservations about a guy who was throwing to Marvin Harrison Jr and Emeka Egbuka and still didn’t look good.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Take it you didn’t watch many Ohio St games. He’s the main reason their offense was one of the worst they’ve had in the last several years. Shapen is ahead of McCord by a wide margin. Don’t get fooled by the names on the front of the jerseys.
Shapen is ahead of McCord by a wide margin ? cmon, take off the rose colored glasses.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Take it you didn’t watch many Ohio St games.
This is a correct assumption. I saw bits and pieces throughout the year of him making it rain to MHJr and other guys.

He’s the main reason their offense was one of the worst they’ve had in the last several years.
I never confused him for CJ Stroud or Justin Fields, but it seems he was very good as a pure passer, just based on stats. 161 passer rating and 3000 yards is outstanding. But he didn’t seem to be mobile at all. And of course, its hard to get a great comparison of him and Shapen based on how different the supporting casts are at Ohio State vs. Baylor.

Shapen is ahead of McCord by a wide margin. Don’t get fooled by the names on the front of the jerseys.
I’m curious if this is just based on Lebby’s preference for at least a semi-mobile QB. If so, then I’d agree it seems Shapen is slightly better there….although neither seem to be great in the running department.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login