What's the deal with the Palmeiro Center?

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
There was always talk that Mullen didn't like using it and I haven't seen any of the football coaches since utilize it much.

What is the actual reason? I know baseball is in there occasionally. I've just never gotten a straight answer on what's wrong with it?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
It’s a half baseball half football facility and football needs their own exclusive IPF.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
There was always talk that Mullen didn't like using it and I haven't seen any of the football coaches since utilize it much.

What is the actual reason? I know baseball is in there occasionally. I've just never gotten a straight answer on what's wrong with it?
I think every coach other than Morehead took the position that it's better to practice in the heat and only used it if it was that or no practice?

Not sure if that truly was just wanting the players to acclimate to game conditions or if the set up really limits practice.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
It's a great indoor baseball facility.

It's a terrible indoor football facility.

Reactions: aTotal360

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Just make a Tripoline Park out of it for game day. Have food and admissions fees and give money to NIL.

Reactions: Yeti

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
If you play outside you need to practice outside.
In general, I would agree. But there has to be at least some utility to IPFs. Obviously severe weather, but I just have to believe that schools (and NFL teams) don't build these purely out of keeping up with the Joneses.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
It's keeping up with the Jones.
If my memory is correct, the original intent of the facility was to be baseball only. Croom pushed to have it accommodate football as well, and I think his reasoning was recruiting / keeping with the Jones. I am sure it comes in handy from time to time, but I doubt its that beneficial from a practice / game prep stand point...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login