What's up with the Barstool Portnoy-Brandon Walker conflict?

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
I'm not sure I even understand all this insider gambling stuff. But from what I gather, Portnoy made some big bet on Virginia Tech to cover, they were all watching the game together, Brandon got distracted with some other conversation while the game was going on and wasn't cheering hard enough for the Hokies, the Hokies gave up a big touchdown that cost them the cover, and now Portnoy blames Brandon for losing the big bet. Do I have that right? Do high volume gamblers really believe that cheering hard enough from your couch impacts the results of games?

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
It’s more of a barstool inside joke than serious beef. Basically they were all cheering for VA Tech because of Dave’s big bet. Brandon and Big Cat started making fun of Rico and then immediately Va Tech lost the cover. Dave blamed Brandon and Big Cat for bringing bad mojo into the room and that’s why they lost.

forestdepth

Feb 20, 2018
I'm not sure I even understand all this insider gambling stuff. But from what I gather, Portnoy made some big bet on Virginia Tech to cover, they were all watching the game together, Brandon got distracted with some other conversation while the game was going on and wasn't cheering hard enough for the Hokies, the Hokies gave up a big touchdown that cost them the cover, and now Portnoy blames Brandon for losing the big bet. Do I have that right? Do high volume gamblers really believe that cheering hard enough from your couch impacts the results of games?

It’s a bit

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Almost all the “conflict” at Barstool is made up.

They are paid very well to keep this kind of stuff stirred up. I doubt Portnoy is stupid enough to really blame them for his choice to bet on VA Tech. If he is that ignorant, he will eventually lose those millions.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login