Whats up with Weatherford?

ole miss drunk

May 1, 2006
I heard Ellis say last night he was unavailable. Perhaps I have been living under a rock, but I don't recall seeing anything about him being hurt.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
is the fact that we have so few pitchers that are decent, that we burn out the few decent ones that we have. Crosswhite wasn't bad last year.

Another thing- and this is on Polk- is by Polk leaving his pitchers out there too long, he might be burning them out as well. Yes, Polk stays pretty close to pitch counts, but let's say that a pitcher throws 120 pitches in 4 innings. That's 30 pitches an inning, which means that the pitcher had to use max effort to get those pitches in whereas a pither that throws 120 pitches over 8 innings averages 15 pitches an inning, plus rest breaks in the dugout between innings to rest the arm. So, my thinking here is more effort, less rest = more arm strain. In a way, sometimes having a rough outing can be good in that a pitcher can rest his arm a little more. Of course, there are a lot more bad things assiciated with that, I won't deny that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login