When is last time State won in Rupp Arena?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We won there when Billy Gillespie was their coach. 2009 or 2010, somewhere around in there. Since Calipari became coach, we haven’t beaten them at all except in the SEC Tournament last year.

Last edited:

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
I was there to see us beat them at Rupp in 1995. I wouldn't be surprised to know that I was the only person there in maroon that wasn't sitting on the bench or the row behind it. If looks could kill, I'd have never walked out of there. They be maaaad when they get beat at home.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Marcus Grant with 23 on Valentine's Day 1995.6 for 8 from 3. That's the best Kentucky team I think we've ever beaten. Dampier had 17 points as well.

Reunion Dog

Aug 26, 2012
Nope. The 96 Kentucky team was better and after we SMOKED em in NOLA…. We were gonna due it again in the Meadowlands… But our fine non drug dealing non pistol whippen point guard THAT didn’t throw the game vs Syracuse because of the Mob.. 17’ed us in the semi final game. I sat in my seat and cried like a baby because THAT was our chance to win the Natty. Thanks Marcus Bullard.

I was also there at Rupp in 95. We kicked their *** on Valentine’s Day on ESPN.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006

I was there with my son, it was so awesome. We were probably 2 of 10 people in the entire Rupp (besides bench) that had maroon on. It was an ice storm too, as the drive there was sketchy as hell. My son (then 9) rang his cowbell throughout the entire parking lot leaving the area, just rubbing it in uk fans' faces and yelling "Hail State!".
Also, Stansbury was the coach as I talked with Meo afterwards. She was in the drumline with me at State, actually took her to a sorority dance (sadie hawkins type) too. ;-)

Was it 95 or 96? Or has it been any time since?

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
You were there in 95? I could have sworn I was sporting the only maroon in the building not on the bench or the row behind it. Leaving that place with a smile on my face was scary and fun at the same time. Those folks were angry.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I can’t remember the last time we won a road game over a ranked team. I don’t think Howland ever has.

ETA: I looked it up. Our last road win over a ranked team was Jan. 9, 2010 over #14 Ole Miss, 80-75.

Last edited:

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Nope. The 96 Kentucky team was better and after we SMOKED em in NOLA…. We were gonna due it again in the Meadowlands… But our fine non drug dealing non pistol whippen point guard THAT didn’t throw the game vs Syracuse because of the Mob.. 17’ed us in the semi final game. I sat in my seat and cried like a baby because THAT was our chance to win the Natty. Thanks Marcus Bullard.
\
I was also there at Rupp in 95. We kicked their *** on Valentine’s Day on ESPN.

The 96 team is a perfect example of all the players that knew and were very good for each and every role you need to have great team. Someone to handle the ball. A shooter and a great post guy. An athletic wild card that can take over a game, A defensive enforcer. And good bench players.

That being said that team would have a hard time with the modern style of building most teams with the NIL and portal.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The 96 team is a perfect example of all the players that knew and were very good for each and every role you need to have great team. Someone to handle the ball. A shooter and a great post guy. An athletic wild card that can take over a game, A defensive enforcer. And good bench players.

That being said that team would have a hard time with the modern style of building most teams with the NIL and portal.

Any team that wants to win should know that each player has a role, and that each player has certain odds of making shots at certain spots on the floor and they get the ball to the players at the places they have the highest percentage of making the shot.

Other teams just wing it and run and gun.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007

Please expand on this bc I think you’re right, I just dont have facts/proof of this happening but SOMETHING sure happened during that week and the game itself to lend credence to your thoughts.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login