When we moved over here…

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
I tried to turn over a new leaf. I had several people on my ignore list, glfr was not one of them. I unblocked several people. I appreciate opposing views. I realized what I was missing when we moved and appreciate what I have read since I unblocked some people. But this goober has been an especially wanky dingleberry, and he gets my inaugural On3 ignore.
Ice Cube Friday GIF

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I've been tempted to block a few but then you don't know what others are responding to do you? You need context to agree or disagree. I finally just said I don't really have enough damns to give what somebody thinks and so I keep reading and chuckle to myself what a dumb arse they are or I let you know that I don't agree if I feel strongly enough

Last edited:

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I've been tempted to block a few but then you don't know what others are responding to do you? You need context to agree or disagree. I finally just said I don't really have enough damns to give what somebody thinks and so I keep reading and chuckle to myself what a dumb arse they are or I let you know that I don't agree
It's not so bad. You can always click show ignored content if you feel like you're missing out on the conversation. Although you will completely miss out on threads that are started by people you ignore. I keep glfr ignored and a few others that are negative on every single post they make.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I’ve only ignored the obvious spam accounts until today.

I realized seeing between 1 and 3 new Extremedog lemonhead threads every gameday of baseball season wasn’t how I wanted to spend my time on sixpack.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
Come on Gents. I hardly, well never, agree with Glfr but don’t take it so seriously that you can’t at least listen/read an opposite view I’m sure he is a good dude loves MSU but just see thinks differently than most. You only educate yourself by listening to opposite views

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I like reading glfrs takes. I rarely agree with any of them. But I like reading them. Accept for the ones that are tldr

Reactions: Fritz!

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
I like reading glfrs takes. I rarely agree with any of them. But I like reading them. Accept for the ones that are tldr
That’s the bigger issue for me. I don’t need a twelve paragraph dissertation refuting someone’s take, then another eight paragraph response to someone else, then etc, etc, Department of Redundancy Department. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

Reactions: kired

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
I deleted my twitter app about 3 weeks ago. I'm going to be frank and I'm not exaggerating. I like my wife better, like others I see in person better and message board posters don't piss me off near as much.

I was never one who'd yell "get off my lawn" but damn if my attitude didn't change for the better.

I claimed I used twitter to follow my sports teams but my feed ended up full of stories I thought were leaning to WWIII.

17 that, my life has enough crap to deal with, I don't need to take on the rest of the worlds problems too.

TLDR; delete twitter and any other BS social media app and talk to the real human closest to you.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I deleted my twitter app about 3 weeks ago. I'm going to be frank and I'm not exaggerating. I like my wife better, like others I see in person better and message board posters don't piss me off near as much.

I was never one who'd yell "get off my lawn" but damn if my attitude didn't change for the better.

I claimed I used twitter to follow my sports teams but my feed ended up full of stories I thought were leaning to WWIII.

17 that, my life has enough crap to deal with, I don't need to take on the rest of the worlds problems too.

TLDR; delete twitter and any other BS social media app and talk to the real human closest to you.
This. During covid I started doing TikTok. Initially it was great. I even got some interesting information regarding what other doctors were seeing with covid. As time went on though, the TikTok’s I saw became more and more specific. I went from being someone who was for the vaccine to someone who was angry at those who weren’t. I couldn’t carry on a conversation about COVID without being angry. My wife was the one who told me to delete. She was right. Once I deleted it I transformed back into a much more reasonable person.

Last edited:

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014

I’m giving up Twitter for Lent. I had a good rationale for everyone I followed but it was becoming obvious that it wasn’t good for my mental health. I love hearing other perspectives across the political spectrum. But the dogma, condescension and hate makes you feel sick after a while.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I tried to turn over a new leaf. I had several people on my ignore list, glfr was not one of them. I unblocked several people. I appreciate opposing views. I realized what I was missing when we moved and appreciate what I have read since I unblocked some people. But this goober has been an especially wanky dingleberry, and he gets my inaugural On3 ignore.
Ice Cube Friday GIF
Dang! Looks like I missed something!

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
That’s the bigger issue for me. I don’t need a twelve paragraph dissertation refuting someone’s take, then another eight paragraph response to someone else, then etc, etc, Department of Redundancy Department. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
I came across your recent post on this message board in which you called out another poster for being "long-winded." While I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I feel that your comment was unnecessary and unhelpful.

Firstly, I believe that being long-winded is not necessarily a bad thing. Some people have a lot to say and take the time to express themselves thoroughly. This can be helpful for those who are seeking a detailed understanding of a particular topic or issue. Just because someone uses more words than you prefer, does not mean they are wrong or unimportant.

Furthermore, I believe that it is important to be respectful and supportive of one another in online discussions. We are all here to learn and share our perspectives, and we should aim to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for everyone. Your comment about the other poster being long-winded could discourage them from continuing to contribute to the conversation, which would ultimately be a loss for all of us.

In conclusion, I respectfully disagree with your comment about the other poster being long-winded. I encourage you to focus on the substance of their contributions rather than the length of their posts, and to approach discussions with a spirit of kindness and openness.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Come on Gents. I hardly, well never, agree with Glfr but don’t take it so seriously that you can’t at least listen/read an opposite view I’m sure he is a good dude loves MSU but just see thinks differently than most. You only educate yourself by listening to opposite views
Well said. Everyone should understand that you are not going to change peoples minds on here or any other forum where people state their opinions. I actually appreciate those that think differently from me and enjoy reading their opinions. 10 people can witness an accident and if you ask them what happened you will get 10 different opinions. None of them are wrong or right they just come from different perspectives.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
This. During covid I started doing TikTok. Initially it was great. I even got some interesting information regarding what other doctors were seeing with covid. As time went on though, the TikTok’s I saw became more and more specific. I went from being someone who was for the vaccine to someone who was angry at those who weren’t. I couldn’t carry on a conversation about COVID without being angry. My wife was the one who told me to delete. She was right. Once I deleted it I transformed back into a much more reasonable person.
Don't do dat Tik Tok, it's run by chiner and days commonist.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Agreed. I'm sure I've called him a MFer and worse for insolently daring to have a different opinion from me (or maybe when it seems like he is intentionally missing the point), but if I ever genuinely started to dislike a poster I would just stop reading their posts.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
So it was working exactly as the Chinese government wanted it to.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
I came across your recent post on this message board in which you called out another poster for being "long-winded." While I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I feel that your comment was unnecessary and unhelpful.

Firstly, I believe that being long-winded is not necessarily a bad thing. Some people have a lot to say and take the time to express themselves thoroughly. This can be helpful for those who are seeking a detailed understanding of a particular topic or issue. Just because someone uses more words than you prefer, does not mean they are wrong or unimportant.

Furthermore, I believe that it is important to be respectful and supportive of one another in online discussions. We are all here to learn and share our perspectives, and we should aim to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for everyone. Your comment about the other poster being long-winded could discourage them from continuing to contribute to the conversation, which would ultimately be a loss for all of us.

In conclusion, I respectfully disagree with your comment about the other poster being long-winded. I encourage you to focus on the substance of their contributions rather than the length of their posts, and to approach discussions with a spirit of kindness and openness.
Out 17ing Standing.

• Haha
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I’ve never blocked anyone on sps in the past, and likely never will beacause I don’t want to be lost in a thread containing some of the most entertaining message board horseshittery the English language has ever seen

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login