Where do our football players get their advice from?

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Fred Peters declared for the NFL draft today. He likely won’t make a roster much less get drafted.

I could name numerous players who left early and never played a down in the NFL.

ETA: This thread is no way a shot a Fred. I hope he has a hall of fame career. I just think this is not a smart decision and seems to infect us more than most schools.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
What makes a 4 star go to Bama? Most of them sit on the bench for four years. Answer: They think they can make it there.

notoriousD_O_G

Apr 1, 2013
Can't speak to this situation but I know of a player who did something similar because academically there was no way he could play college football anymore.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Has he graduated? If he has, then maybe he wants to take his shot now and know if it's going to work sooner rather than later.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Exactly. With all these folks getting Covid years and redshirt years, pretty soon all the universities will be like Faber College and have teams with Senator Blutarsky wannabes.

And some folks don’t want that.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
According to his bio, Peters will be 24 in April and got his undergrad degree a year ago. Can’t say I blame him for being ready to move on from college. If he waited another year he’d be trying to make a team as a 25 year old rookie.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Exactly. With all these folks getting Covid years and redshirt years, pretty soon all the universities will be like Faber College and have teams with Senator Blutarsky wannabes.

And some folks don’t want that.

Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the 17ing Peace Corps.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
According to his bio, Peters will be 24 in April and got his undergrad degree a year ago. Can’t say I blame him for being ready to move on from college. If he waited another year he’d be trying to make a team as a 25 year old rookie.

Even disregarding his chances of making an NFL roster, I was ready to make money when I was 22, much less 24. Could have taken a victory lap and graduated in December of my 5th year, but busted it to graduate on time after missing a semester so I could start making money. Now it's easy to look back and say that was short sighted, and it was stupid to give up another carefree semester of school semester just to start the rat race seven months earlier, but at the time, I was tired of not being able to do things because I didn't have money. I can imagine a lot of these 5th and 6th year players feel the same way.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Peters was a senior last year. This was his Covid senior season. Unless he has a medical waiver, he’s played 5 years of college football and he’s not improving his nfl stock

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Fred Peters declared for the NFL draft today. He likely won’t make a roster much less get drafted.

I could name numerous players who left early and never played a down in the NFL.

ETA: This thread is no way a shot a Fred. I hope he has a hall of fame career. I just think this is not a smart decision and seems to infect us more than most schools.

Six Pack Speak***

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login