Where the hell is Auger? Or Smith?

PuebloDawg

Sep 29, 2021
Fristoe had ONE good outing and his five million terrible ones are forgiven? Get ready for the sweep.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
There was no reason to take Hunt out. He was in a groove and possibly burned for the weekend. We have dug ourselves a hole- we dont need to experiment if we don’t have to.

But this lineup is not good right now.

PuebloDawg

Sep 29, 2021
KC Hunt has done nothing all year AND has been hurt. Fristoe has done nothing.

Auger has been our best arm out of the pen and it’s not debatable. He comes in the game in the top of the 9th TRAILING. Why?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I’ll defend the decision to go with Fristoe because no one in our pen is trustworthy, and he’s been as good as anyone else lately. I also thought pulling Hunt was the right move, he was playing with fire big time in the 8th, all three of those outs were very loud.

We have a bad bullpen as a whole, the sooner everyone accepts that the easier it will be on you when nights like this happen. Because it wasn’t the first and probably won’t be the last time this pen blows it at the end of the game.

Last edited:

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I agree. At some point we’ve got to know what we have in those arms late in games.

Feb 23, 2008
Good question. I just wish our cleat chasing media would ask real questions.

I read Lemonis' postgame presser and felt embarrassed that people are actually getting paid to throw such softball bs.

patdog

May 28, 2007
You're right. But when Fristoe threw that next to last pitch to the backstop to move the runners to 2nd and 3rd, I said to myself you've got to pull him right now. I don't care if it is the middle of an at bat.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
You're right. But when Fristoe threw that next to last pitch to the backstop to move the runners to 2nd and 3rd, I said to myself you've got to pull him right now. I don't care if it is the middle of an at bat.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but I have zero confidence that anyone else in the pen would’ve gotten us out of that either. It’s just not a good bullpen this year and every pitching move we make is a gamble to a certain extent.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login