Where there is smoke there is fire and I keep seeing Stoops name on a website I get all my reliable state information from.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Just sayin
smoke GIF

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Any website, individual or whatever that says anything about “Bob Stoops to Mississippi State” is anything but “reliable”. I know it started out as a big joke, but the problem is that some of the Jeanspagers and others among our fandom saw this and automatically took it as fact and ran with it. Some are still running with it, the dumb 17ers. Gullibility runs amok lol.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Maybe he has the itch. Selmon is probly offering full control of the program and a nice paycheck. Better than the USXFL.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Any website, individual or whatever that says anything about “Bob Stoops to Mississippi State” is anything but “reliable”. I know it started out as a big joke, but the problem is that some of the Jeanspagers and others among our fandom saw this and automatically took it as fact and ran with it. Some are still running with it, the dumb 17ers. Gullibility runs amok lol.
It's a fluid situation

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Sports Newswire on telegra.ph has never led us astray before:

Reactions: Darryl Steight

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Sports Newswire on telegra.ph has never led us astray before:

Someone go to gtr and get the red carpet ready

Reactions: Dawgg

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
All hail Zombie Kissenger
I’m seeing other message boards commenting on it as well. Only a matter of time before reporters will make him CONFIRM or DENY. Any true reporter would first ask Zac to comment on the rumor then 48 hours later call Stoops for a comment of his own.
Something like “Zac, could you comment on the FACT that multiple sources are linking Bob Stoops to the Mississippi State job?”

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I’m seeing other message boards commenting on it as well. Only a matter of time before reporters will make him CONFIRM or DENY. Any true reporter would first ask Zac to comment on the rumor then 48 hours later call Stoops for a comment of his own.
Something like “Zac, could you comment on the FACT that multiple sources are linking Bob Stoops to the Mississippi State job?”
It really is a thing of beauty.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It would be even funnier if it happened.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Seeing his name other places too. Proof that, no matter how ridiculous, if you repeat something often enough, it takes on a life of its own. I fully expect to see posts from people with “sources” saying he will be our coach soon.
This isn’t directed at you but just a general question

what’s the difference in rumors with stoops and other rumors we’ve heard that many take as fact.

Mullen trying to get out multiple times a year for multiple years
We had a chance with coach xyz before leach but cohen ruined it
Xyz recruit was ours but our staff screwed it up
Xyz recruit was ours but school abc paid him big bucks

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If Selmon can pull that off, let's build him a statue.
I’m gonna be honest. I don’t think hanging our hat on an old guy who hasn’t coached college in 5 years? Is the way to go.

we surely could do way worse but I wouldn’t be ecstatic about it.

Purely hypothetical. I know it’s a joke and not happening.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I’m gonna be honest. I don’t think hanging our hat on an old guy who hasn’t coached college in 5 years? Is the way to go.

we surely could do way worse but I wouldn’t be ecstatic about it.

Purely hypothetical. I know it’s a joke and not happening.
It's 100% no happening. No need to waste too much time even thinking about it, but would be a homerun.

patdog

May 28, 2007
This isn’t directed at you but just a general question

what’s the difference in rumors with stoops and other rumors we’ve heard that many take as fact.

Mullen trying to get out multiple times a year for multiple years
We had a chance with coach xyz before leach but cohen ruined it
Xyz recruit was ours but our staff screwed it up
Xyz recruit was ours but school abc paid him big bucks
In most cases, not much. Most of the "inside info" stuff we read on these boards is bull. Occasionally, someone may really have info on a recruit if a staff member screws up (I have solid info from the player's dad of an All-American that Tommy Raffo ran off - quote from the player was I'll never play for that son of a *****). And I don't doubt Mullen was at least looking at leaving multiple times (some of that is pretty solidly reported by national reporters). But a lot of it is just speculation, or someone mayby knowing one small piece of the story and assuming the rest.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
In most cases, not much. Most of the "inside info" stuff we read on these boards is bull. Occasionally, someone may really have info on a recruit if a staff member screws up (I have solid info from the player's dad of an All-American that Tommy Raffo ran off - quote from the player was I'll never play for that son of a *****). And I don't doubt Mullen was at least looking at leaving multiple times (some of that is pretty solidly reported by national reporters). But a lot of it is just speculation, or someone mayby knowing one small piece of the story and assuming the rest.
I’m on board with most of that.

Someone gets a small piece of info then that turns into a larger piece of info that is maybe 60% accurate.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login