Which one of you did this?

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
Calm Down Saturday Night Live GIF by Seeso

MarkDallas

Aug 27, 2014
This is BS. Everyone wanted a playoff. Well, we got it. Their qualification was beating Michigan. No one, no one was saying Michigan shouldn't have been in. And TCU beat them. That's how playoffs work. If you want a committee to get you the two best teams in the national championship, then let's go back to the BCS. THIS IS HOW TOURNAMENTS WORK.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I'd like to thank the committee for allowing this game to happen, one that I knew was over by half time, which allowed me to watch something else instead of the second half and get to bed at a reasonable time without being emotionally agitated over a blowout win by Georgia. Plus, that Georgia vs. Ohio State game was fun to watch even though I don't give a damn about either team. Thanks committee. I also didn't mind seeing TCU beat Michigan, something that inspired me to watch YouTube highlights of Relf's dominant play in that State/Michigan bowl game years ago. Well done playoff committee.

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
I’m from Alabama and I hate them more than most. Having said that, if we wanted the four best teams in the playoffs, they should have been in over TCU.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
What an idiot. Everybody in the country said Michigan was #2. TCU beat them in the semifinal.
Yea, I think there are legitimate complaints about TCU being in the playoffs after losing to KSU, but obviously it wasn't crazy off. We just didn't have good candidates after UGA and Michigan. Bama didn't have a loss as bad as TCU's loss to KSU, but that loss was in the Big 12 championship game, and bama had two losses, and didn't have any wins that dwarfed what TCU had. TCU probably would have done worse than Bama against its schedule, but just hard to say that with enough certainty to put Bama in over them. And then of course that's the second best option anyway. while UT's loss @USCe was worse than either of Bama's losses, they still Bama at home and smoked LSU in Baton Rouge.

If UT's QB had been healthy, I think it would have been ridiculously unfair to leave UT out b/c beating Bama at home and LSU on the road (and @ Pitt, who finished 8-4 in th eACC, but I think credit should be given for scheduling P5 OOC on the road) while losing @ UGA and @USCe is a much more impressive resume than TCU's. But there is the political reality and then of course with UT's QB being hurt, that made it a lot easier.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I’m from Alabama and I hate them more than most. Having said that, if we wanted the four best teams in the playoffs, they should have been in over TCU.
That would be nothing more than a popularity contest.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
This is the guy the official football Twitter put in their video, right?

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
At least TCU being in the playoffs gives everyone else a very small ray of hope. The final 4 being pretty much determined before the season even starts is killing everyone’s interest except for fans of about the top 5 or 6 teams. No wonder attendance and interest is down all over the Country.

Reactions: Ghostman

drumrcraig

Aug 22, 2012
Yea,Bama didn't have a loss as bad as TCU's loss to KSU,
Bama’s loss to a 4 loss LSU was absolutely worse than TCU’s loss to KSU, especially since TCU had previously beaten them as well. Bama also didn’t have any quality wins to lift them up either. Their only wins against teams ranked when the committee made their selection was Texas and us.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Hmmm, four team BCS… I haven’t thought of that before.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
Dammit, Randy. Every single person who knows I went to State is now sending this to me with, "WTF is wrong with Miss St fans?"

• Haha
Reactions: Ghostman
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login