While We Celebrate-More Good OT News

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I have been down for a while now with baseball sucking so bad, but today was a good day.

I haven't mentioned it, but I was laid off from my shower curtain ring gig at American Light and Fixture earlier this year. I explained I had some awful big shoes to fill, not to mention rings just aren't that popular anymore with all the frameless glass showers being so popular.

Anyhow, found. out today I have a new gig. Finally got on with the gubment. Head of to training next week, can anyone share any tips on what to expect?

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 7.48.06 PM.png

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I have been down for a while now with baseball sucking so bad, but today was a good day.

I haven't mentioned it, but I was laid off from my shower curtain ring gig at American Light and Fixture earlier this year. I explained I had some awful big shoes to fill, not to mention rings just aren't that popular anymore with all the frameless glass showers being so popular.

Anyhow, found. out today I have a new gig. Finally got on with the gubment. Head of to training next week, can anyone share any tips on what to expect?

View attachment 332037
Make sure you fit in. Don’t work hard.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

View attachment 332037
I keep looking for Easter Eggs in your card. I only found 2 but I’m sure there are more.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I really thought there would be more gifs available on this topic when I took this position. Should have checked first, if I had, I probably would have taken that job at Callahan Auto Parts instead.
Well, if you would have finished school, you could have taken over Madison Hotels when your dad stepped down.

Reactions: biodawg

benatmsu

May 28, 2007

View attachment 332037
Bonus points for really leaning into the naming mistake.

Thunt.sixpack

May 12, 2013

View attachment 332037
Lots and lots of annual training. Hopefully some good tdys

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"Head of to training next week, can anyone share any tips on what to expect?"
After many years of participating and watching fed govt in action, you can expect to kiss many butts or to not advance very far, its the way that govment ticks. Prepare to get very frustrated very often because of all of the bureaucratic BS that you have to wade through just to accomplish the most mundane tasks.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Did you have to show your Vax Jab Papers? How much sensitivity training are you gonna hafta endure? Can you go to work in a dress and use the girls bathroom?

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
After many years of participating and watching fed govt in action, you can expect to kiss many butts or to not advance very far, its the way that govment ticks. Prepare to get very frustrated very often because of all of the bureaucratic BS that you have to wade through just to accomplish the most mundane tasks.

Did you have to show your Vax Jab Papers? How much sensitivity training are you gonna hafta endure? Can you go to work in a dress and use the girls bathroom?

You 2 obviously didn't look at my business card. I'm a mother17ing GLG20, the finest force of foreign service operatives in the world, we don't play grabass like the rest of the gubment. I'll be personally trained by Austin Millbarge and Emit Fitz-Hume who are legends in the field... And to think that my high school guidance counselor said I'd never amount to anything.

Last edited:

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

View attachment 332037

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

View attachment 332037
I assume your first assignment will be in Pakistan? Dress appropriately and learn the customs.

Reactions: FrontRangeDawg

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Watch out for that Fitz-hume; he'll snake your girl. Especially if she's Russian.
It was actually Millbarge who ended up with the Russian on that mission, Fitz-Hume ended up with Karen Boyer the other GLG20. Ironically Karen Boyer is now married to Austin Millbarge in civilian life.

And for all of you watching this thread and making uninformed comments, I am really said that you don't know anything about GLG20's, especially Emmet Fitz-Hume and Austin Millbarge.

Reactions: FrontRangeDawg

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010

View attachment 332037
Good gig. You can expect to travel. I have a HS classmate who has been in US Foreign Service for decades and has been posted all over along with his wife who is also in the USFS. He has retired but his wife continues to work for the USFS and is currently the US Ambassador to the Phillipines.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Good gig. You can expect to travel. I have a HS classmate who has been in US Foreign Service for decades and has been posted all over along with his wife who is also in the USFS. He has retired but his wife continues to work for the USFS and is currently the US Ambassador to the Phillipines.
Are either of them GLG20's? If so, can you ask how they felt about the rapid vertical impact simulation in training? Looks pretty rough.

Reactions: mcdawg22
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login