Whiskey

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
It could be a long baseball season. I am still on the fence. Any suggestions for a good whiskey to have on hand just in case we repeat last year?

macdaddydawg

Sep 29, 2022
Well, its very possible that you will need to drink heavily and often. So you may need to go with something like Canadian Hunter, the finest $8 a 5th whiskey on the bottom shelf. Then again, you may have a need to celebrate too, so keep a bottle of Blanton's on hand as well. Has served me well for many Bulldog ups and downs!

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If you're looking for quantity with pretty solid quality, 1.75L Evan Williams Black Label. Under $25 at Costco

A little up the price and quality scale, Wild Turkey 101 never disappoints, although it can cause disappointment in your self control.

When I'm sipping for pleasure either Russell's Reserve 10 year or Single Barrel.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
If you're looking for quantity with pretty solid quality, 1.75L Evan Williams Black Label. Under $25 at Costco

A little up the price and quality scale, Wild Turkey 101 never disappoints, although it can cause disappointment in your self control.

When I'm sipping for pleasure either Russell's Reserve 10 year or Single Barrel.

I tasted and bought a lot of "better" bourbon but when I go in my liquor cabinet more often then not end up grabbing Wild Turkey 101

Reactions: She Mate Me

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012

Excellent suggestions. The Evan Williams bottled in bond is still under $20 a bottle and is guaranteed to be at least 4 years old and the 100 proof makes it perfect for pretty much any mixed drink.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Wish I could drink to get through the season. It is going to be a long one with lots of peaks and valleys.
Hopefully more peaks as we get closer to the season's end.
Making it to the last day of a regional is probably too hopeful - at this juncture anyway.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020

35 in Alabama Costcos with our ridiculous liquor laws.

And the Evan Williams Bottled in Bond is a way better whisky than it should be

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Excellent suggestions. The Evan Williams bottled in bond is still under $20 a bottle and is guaranteed to be at least 4 years old and the 100 proof makes it perfect for pretty much any mixed drink.

Yes, White Label BIB might be the best value out there. Just not quite as easy to find as Black Label.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
Depends on the mood. Start out at Wild Turkey 101 and work your way up to Woodford Reserve. Top out with Woodford double oaked.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Back when I was a serious whiskey drinker George Dickle white label was my go to daily drink. I’d venture out to some more expensive bourbon I’d always end up back with George.

Reactions: Poppy IV

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
It could be a long baseball season. I am still on the fence. Any suggestions for a good whiskey to have on hand just in case we repeat last year?
Russell's Reserve 10 year if you like bourbon. Glenlivet 14 or Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask if you like Scotch.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
As everyone knows, especially those with family from the mother country, Irish whiskey is the best whiskey. Get Tullamore Dew or Jameson's as your regular whiskey (TD for Irish Coffee). Teeling Small Batch and Jameson Black as a next level Irish whiskey. Green Spot is also good. Redbreast 12 is my favorite. Just great over ice. There some others, including some pretty expensive ones (for instance, Redbreast 15 is twice as expensive, but not twice as good) but these are my go to whiskeys. For Bourbons I find that the most anything above the cheap stuff, $25 and over, makes a good Old Fashioned and Manhattan and that's what I primarily use bourbon for. I have some bourbon snobs as friends who have tons of expensive stuff and moderately priced bourbons so I've tried more than a few. Give me a Still Austin and Sazerac Rye and I'm fine. Did have Angel's Envy on Saturday and it was good. But not as good as a nice Irish whiskey.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
As everyone knows, especially those with family from the mother country, Irish whiskey is the best whiskey. Get Tullamore Dew or Jameson's as your regular whiskey (TD for Irish Coffee). Teeling Small Batch and Jameson Black as a next level Irish whiskey. Green Spot is also good. Redbreast 12 is my favorite. Just great over ice. There some others, including some pretty expensive ones (for instance, Redbreast 15 is twice as expensive, but not twice as good) but these are my go to whiskeys. For Bourbons I find that the most anything above the cheap stuff, $25 and over, makes a good Old Fashioned and Manhattan and that's what I primarily use bourbon for. I have some bourbon snobs as friends who have tons of expensive stuff and moderately priced bourbons so I've tried more than a few. Give me a Still Austin and Sazerac Rye and I'm fine. Did have Angel's Envy on Saturday and it was good. But not as good as a nice Irish whiskey.

The Redbreast irish whisky is really really great. 12yr is all I've had, but dayumm. Just need a big ice cube and that's it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login