Whistling warm-up song late in the 90’s at state.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I’m trying to find the name of a song that was played every game during warm-ups at the dude in the 90’s and maybe early 2000’s. There was the “Talking Baseball” song and this other one that I remember that had a lot of whistling in it. Anybody remember it?

My son’s playing ball today, and I want to play it for him.

Omadawgs

Jul 2, 2021
Centerfield is the song I think of the most, but I can’t think of the one with the whistling.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
I’m trying to find the name of a song that was played every game during warm-ups at the dude in the 90’s and maybe early 2000’s. There was the “Talking Baseball” song and this other one that I remember that had a lot of whistling in it. Anybody remember it?

My son’s playing ball today, and I want to play it for him.
Sweet Georgia Brown, same as the Harlem Globetrotters.

Reactions: aTotal360

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Don't look up what Ty Cobb had to say about the Globetrotters using that song. Or at least how the movie Cobb portrays it.

Reactions: aTotal360

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Sweet Georgia Brown, same as the Harlem Globetrotters.

Don't look up what Ty Cobb had to say about the Globetrotters using that song. Or at least how the movie Cobb portrays it.
Ty Cobb was NOT what he was portrayed in the Tommy Lee Jones movie. For example, his grandfather was almost lynched during the Civil War because he remained loyal to the Union. Cobb strongly advocated for the integration of the major leagues, and in the 1950's said his favorite players were Willie Mays and Hank Aaron (he liked the way they played the game). He never sharpened his spikes, He never attacked anyone because of race.

Cobb invested into Coca-Cola after his playing days and was a millionaire when he died. He was also a philanthropist.

The whole Cobb myth was created by some guy named Al Stump.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012

OldVideoGuy

Jun 25, 2021
Diamond Girl by Seals and Croft always makes me think of college days at Dudy Noble when the Diamond girls were in charge of dragging the infield pre game

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login