White death in Jackson

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I was just checking out the weather forecast for the weekend to decide if I wanted to hunt or not. I see snow for Sunday. Do I need to go to Costco to load up on milk and bread?

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Title of thread made me think that some out of town tourist got lost around State Street.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Models are still having a hard time as they often do with winter weather here. Everything has to play out perfectly to get snow here and sometimes the crucial finer details don't come into focus until event time...if they do then. See north AL a week or so ago. It all comes down to how strong the low pressure is and where it tracks. A difference of 20-50 miles can have a huge difference on who sees 6" of snow and who gets a cold rain. Right now my best guess of at least a dusting of snow would be north of a Yazoo city to Macon line and the best chance of seeing significant accumulations probably reserved for TN and maybe the northern edge of MS. But then if the low tracks further south that all gets shifted south. Further north and it all gets shifted north.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Im saying its not gonna be cold enough to snow until well after the precipitation is gone

Going to depend on how strong the low is. If it's strong enough it'll pull in the cold air necessary while the moisture is still in place. It'll also cause dynamic cooling where it'll start snowing at around 37 degrees but the heavy snowfall will cool the atmosphere down below freezing.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
If someone decides to visit Jackson as a “tourist”, whatever happens next is 100% on them

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Latest gfs and NAM have both trended south this morning and now calling for 1-3" mainly along and north of 82. Others are saying nothing but a cold rain still so still anybody's guess as to how this plays out.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I almost got a job working on State st. Oof, the laughs i got in the interview when I asked about places to live near there.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
High of 51 Saturday though in Starkville though so roads and ground will be warm and with a high of 38 Sunday and 47 Monday it won't be around long. That said all milk, TP, bread and beer will be gone by Friday night

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Medium and short range models coming into good agreement for a potentially significant snow event for the northern part of MS Saturday night into Sunday with widespread 2-4" accumulations with isolated 6-9" mainly in the northern 1/5 of the state. Could also see some thunder snow. That said, the long range models are much less bullish with only a dusting to maybe one or two inches. This is due to them tracking the low on a more northern track and the short and mid range on a more southern track. Something else that will work against snow accumulations are the warm temps and all the rain that will fall ahead of the snow. Here's hoping the southern track is what verifies.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login