Who’s ready to set some School, SEC, & National passing records...

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Personally, I am glad the talking heads are completely ignoring our boy Mr. Rodgers. I saw one show on ESPN today where they were talking about every QB in the SEC except Will. They were even talking about Kentucky being #2. I would think with the amount of returning players we might get get a maybe.

I'm not predicting a big season in the number of wins neccessarily but I think early in the season the opposing coaches (other than Band) will will start to worry a bit more about facing us than anyone thought in the preseason.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Personally, I am glad the talking heads are completely ignoring our boy Mr. Rodgers. I saw one show on ESPN today where they were talking about every QB in the SEC except Will. They were even talking about Kentucky being #2. I would think with the amount of returning players we might get get a maybe.

I'm not predicting a big season in the number of wins neccessarily but I think early in the season the opposing coaches (other than Band) will will start to worry a bit more about facing us than anyone thought in the preseason.

What’s their deal with Kentucky’s quarterback? Dude through less than 200 yards for most games last year. State made him look stupid while Rogers threw a nearly perfect game.

patdog

May 28, 2007
At least we’ll be fun to watch. Except this offense can be like watching paint dry sometimes.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
...and still go 6-6.

Woooo! Let’s go! I’m ready for some football!

Been saying this the whole time. We go 4-8 or 8-4 and Will will set passing records. He has to improve in big plays (including avoiding getting sacked in critical situations - cause he's gonna feel some heat).

tired

Sep 16, 2013
That paint drying is what keeps our D rested, but yeah it can be a bit boring. Ball control is needed at times and I’m ok with it due to more big play capability in this O

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
What’s their deal with Kentucky’s quarterback? Dude through less than 200 yards for most games last year. State made him look stupid while Rogers threw a nearly perfect game.

I believe you should have used "threw" here as well as in your last sentence.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don't think the drop 8 defense is going to work in the third year. If they drop 8 the offense gets 5 to 10 yards. If they drop 7 or 6 the offense gets 10 to 20 yards.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
more big play capability in this O

Since when? We were 6th in total offense (last in rushing) and tied for 10th in scoring offense with Mighty Mizzou last season?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
The Air Raid hate is weird when you consider some of the offenses Mullen had. Aside from 2014 and 2015, if we couldn’t run the ball then we were losing by 30. I don’t really see what makes this more boring. Frankly it gives you chances to win more games that we’d ordinarily lose against teams more talented in the trenches.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I suspect downvotes are for him just being "that guy". You know the one who sucks the air out of the room with constant negativity and complaining. If there isn't something specific to complain about today they will complain about the past, or share a negative opinion about potential future events like he did here.

Aug 22, 2012
The Air Raid hate is weird when you consider some of the offenses Mullen had. Aside from 2014 and 2015, if we couldn’t run the ball then we were losing by 30. I don’t really see what makes this more boring. Frankly it gives you chances to win more games that we’d ordinarily lose against teams more talented in the trenches.

Take your logic and reason elsewhere. It will find no purchase here!

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I suspect downvotes are for him just being "that guy". You know the one who sucks the air out of the room with constant negativity and complaining. If there isn't something specific to complain about today they will complain about the past, or share a negative opinion about potential future events like he did here.

Been here long?

That's precisely the bedrock principle upon which this site was founded.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

How's this for negativity?

I think the Arizona Wildcats will play unbelievably great against us and will beat us . . . sending our football team into a world of ****. (Think Memphis game last year.)

Arizona's QB will have his best game of the year against us, and they will have 2 or 3 other unknown players that will play like Heisman Trophy winners against us too.

I fully expect this to happen. If it does, then we'll win about 4 games this season (Memphis, Bowling Green, Kentucky???, East Tennessee State).

I'm happy to see that the kickoff time for the Arizona game is 11:00 PM EST. I'll be fast asleep before the game even begins.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007

I think the Arizona Wildcats will play unbelievably great against us and will beat us . . . sending our football team into a world of ****. (Think Memphis game last year.)

Arizona's QB will have his best game of the year against us, and they will have 2 or 3 other unknown players that will play like Heisman Trophy winners against us too.

I fully expect this to happen. If it does, then we'll win about 4 games this season (Memphis, Bowling Green, Kentucky???, East Tennessee State).

I'm happy to see that the kickoff time for the Arizona game is 11:00 PM EST. I'll be fast asleep before the game even begins.
My brain knows how improbable this is, but my gut is certain that we're going to lose to Arizona and then win in Baton Rouge a week later

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The only certainty for me pre-season is that I don't try to predict anything that might happen for State football. I've been a fan too long and seen it all.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

When did Crxxms become OC & Sirmon DC? **

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login