Status
Not open for further replies.

DogStuckAtUM

Aug 5, 2021
Bake Off Hello GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Or you could compare to this year’s MAIS football season. **

The libertarian upstarts (Hartfield) defeated the longtime Peronist power structure — dare I say “cabal?” (Jackson Prep). **

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
He's like a trump that is dead serious, who's not playing a marketing/showman game.
biggest danger we currently face. people who think Trump isn't dead serious when praising world dictators and might therefore vote for him.

Just this month:

Trump on China's Xi: "He's a fierce person," Trump continued. "Now the press doesn't like it when I say good things about him, but what can I say: he runs 1.4 billion people with an iron hand."

Trump on other dictators:

During his remarks, Trump also spoke favorably of Russian President Vladimir Putin and Hungarian President Viktor Orbán, praising both of them as some of the “strongest leaders” in the world. Later, he bragged about a conversation he once had with Abdul Ghani Baradar, a leader of the Taliban in Afghanistan, boasting that Baradar called him “your excellency.”

“He called me ‘your excellency,’” Trump said. “I wonder if he calls Biden ‘your excellency.’”

Biden has called Putin a “murderous dictator”; he has called Orbán a “thug.” And just the other day called Xi a dictator.

And then his Veteran's Day posts that used phrases and statements, like "vermin," "poisoning the blood," and "threat from within," which bear a remarkable similarity to some quotations and writings attributed to Hitler. However, we should dismiss these either because it's perfectly normal for a madman with a dictatorial penchant to quote Hitler, or if not quoting Hitler, just happen to think the same way...

He's telling us exactly who he is, repeatedly.

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Motion to table politics to after coaching change and basketball season. It can become a welcome distraction from what will surely be another shittastic baseball season.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
biggest danger we currently face. people who think Trump isn't dead serious when praising world dictators and might therefore vote for him.

Just this month:

Trump on China's Xi: "He's a fierce person," Trump continued. "Now the press doesn't like it when I say good things about him, but what can I say: he runs 1.4 billion people with an iron hand."

During his remarks, Trump also spoke favorably of Russian President Vladimir Putin and Hungarian President Viktor Orbán, praising both of them as some of the “strongest leaders” in the world. Later, he bragged about a conversation he once had with Abdul Ghani Baradar, a leader of the Taliban in Afghanistan, boasting that Baradar called him “your excellency.”

“He called me ‘your excellency,’” Trump said. “I wonder if he calls Biden ‘your excellency.’”

Biden has called Putin a “murderous dictator”; he has called Orbán a “thug.”

And then his Veteran's Day posts that used phrases and statements, like "vermin," "poisoning the blood," and "threat from within," which bear a remarkable similarity to some quotations and writings attributed to Hitler. However, we should dismiss these either because it's perfectly normal for a madman with a dictatorial penchant to quote Hitler, or if not quoting Hitler, just happen to think the same way...

in before the

Glitch Art GIF by Mental Barf

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It’s the Pack, I think it’s safe to say that we all follow Argentine politics. Now let’s talk about the recent happenings in Equatorial Guinea.
^ This.
Its SPS, the better question is who DOESNT follow Argentine politics?!?***

As for this new guy...well I guess he shows that even if you think its awful, it could always get worse here. 17. I read a comment last week that he has a clone of a dead dog and that clone is someone he confides in?...this isnt rumor, its something he himself has said.
Maybe there was something lost in translation.

I know less about this Argentine guy than I know about Ruffalo.

• Haha
Reactions: 11thEagleFan

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

Just this month:

Biden has called Putin a “murderous dictator”; he has called Orbán a “thug.” And just the other day called Xi a dictator.

Action speaks more than words. How many proxy wars are we in now? How many billions have we spent on them. Iran was in check. Russia was in check and China was in check. They feared Trump because he took action. Look at what he did in Syria. Bombed the **** out of them killing Russian pilots. Biden is weak and is perceived as weak and all the worlds bad guys are feeling embolden. The world is on fire. Thing really sucks here in the United States. Biden proves talk is cheap.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Well, I now know what 'tantric sex' is and lamenting the fact I've never been there.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
No doubt Trump is an *** Hole. Trump is the guy who calls you a nice guy while kicking you in the nuts. Biden is the guy who just stands there and calls you a bad guy after getting kicked in the nuts. Give me Trump this old cognitive impaired fool.

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008

Just this month:

Can someone not disagree with a form of government while also opining that the head of that government is a smart/strong/fierce leader? Or because you disagree with their form of government, you should automatically presume and describe its leader as stupid and weak?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Can someone not disagree with a form of government while also opining that the head of that government is a smart/strong/fierce leader? Or because you disagree with their form of government, you should automatically presume and describe its leader as stupid and weak?
You present a false choice. There are more options than the 2 you listed.

- One option is to not say anything. Just say nothing about highly controversial leaders. Dont fawn over them with praise and also dont poke them with childish insults(N Korea). They are controversial for a reason(many, honestly) and there is no upside to doing either of the things I mentioned.
- Another option is to not describe the leader as stupid and weak, but also not praise them for ruling with an iron hand(since that isnt exactly appealing to almost anyone on either side of the aisle in the US).

Just offering up commentary to show how there are more than just the two approaches you suggested.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

dgsmith15

Nov 10, 2008
I read a comment last week that he has a clone of a dead dog and that clone is someone he confides in?...this isnt rumor, its something he himself has said.
Maybe there was something lost in translation.
Nothing lost in translation there. Last Week Tonight had a bit on him a couple of weeks ago. And they 100% highlighted his relationship with his cloned dog.

I can't find a YT video of it, but if you have HBO it's the October 29, 2023 episode where the primary content is Child Labor in cocoa production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login