Who is Richard Bradley and is this just another Jackson boondoggle?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Sorry for a second started thread in like 10 minutes, but saw this and was curious. Seems like he has some decent partners and has been fairly successful, but also sounds like a load of the typical Jackson economic development buzzword bullshlt.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Saw from the article the guy owns MBar. Jackson Jambalaya has some M Bar threads too. Haven’t heard anything about it in a while outside of the people who lived near it were generally opposed to the expansion.

MBar Shootings
Wlbt MBar

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Jackson State likes him enough to be their Grand Marshal for their Homecoming Parade this year:

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Color me skeptical. This was tried before with Hinds CC and Metrocenter. Lumumba used the same word salad to say it would benefit the citizens of South Jackson. I don't think a single class was ever offered.

If Lumumba or the current administration is ever associated with "economic development ", my first question is how much is Lumumba getting for the endeavor.

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Sorry for a second started thread in like 10 minutes, but saw this and was curious. Seems like he has some decent partners and has been fairly successful, but also sounds like a load of the typical Jackson economic development buzzword bullshlt.
Looks like he is going to spend $30MM painting those two old tin buildings and putting windows in. I'm bidding!

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

Skepticism is the order of the day.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
If Lumumba or the current is ever associated with "economic development ", my first question is how much is Lumumba getting for the endeavor.

A big problem with some folks who are looking for Other People’s Money to help in developing projects is that they’re also expected to put up or shut up…

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
I think they could have chosen another theme other than “Thee Legacy Continues” when it comes to Jackson anything.

• Haha
Reactions: MSUDOG24

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He might as well keep stacks of hundreds by his toilet and wipe with them. At least then he could brag that he has so much money he wipes his butt with hundreds. That sounds way less stupid than investing in Jackson.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
If I had to guess I’d assume this is probably some sort of venture that will have a high percentage of funding coming by way of grants and federal dollars, so I don’t see it as a needle mover for Jackson.

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
All ya gotta do is look at the “progress” of Farrish St and that should tell you how much of the project will get done.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
First, do you people really pay to read the Clarion Ledger because that article is behind their paywall?

Second, lets start a countdown clock to see how long before someone involved with this "venture" goes to jail, gets accused of embezzlement, ends up in a skirmish or war of words w/ Kenneff Stokes.........

Reactions: dorndawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login