Who is the Michigan coach when Harbaugh heads to LA next weekend?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I can't imagine there will be a ton of guys ready to line up to take over a national title program right after the coach who built it leaves. I'm guessing Sherrone Moore falls on that sword.

I do think Harbaugh hangs around for the parade. And yes, this means I think Michigan wins. Point is still valid either way, will probably be easier for Harbaugh to leave if he loses.

Not quite like replacing Saban, but sort of close.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Rivals on X: LSU coach Brian Kelly is dancing again — this time with TE  target Danny Lewis. Rate his dance moves 🕺👇 https://t.co/jy30vO62a4 / X

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
it's been rumored that Kelly covets that job. the next domino would be does LUS go after Lane, and is there enough popcorn to pop to keep up with demand, watching the rebs completely melt to the ground after Lane bolts for their real rival

Reactions: uptowndawg

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
it's been rumored that Kelly covets that job. the next domino would be does LUS go after Lane, and is there enough popcorn to pop to keep up with demand, watching the rebs completely melt to the ground after Lane bolts for their real rival
It’s a done deal.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Kiffin isn’t leaving ole Miss anytime soon. We all need to accept that
I think I folks need to make peace with this. He may leave down the road, but it's going have to be the right fit. I doubt he heads to UF, LSU is possible, but he'd probably only leave for Texas or Bama, and I doubt Bama has interest in him. I think Lane would be a great fit a FSU or Miami, but Norvel seems to be in good shape at FSU and Miami isn't, and I doubt it will ever again be, the "U."

Last edited:

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Kiffin isn’t leaving ole Miss anytime soon. We all need to accept that
Kiffin’s Ole Miss job is a better job than most NFL jobs. The average salary of an NFL HC is about 7 Million. Kiffin is making close to $10 Million at Ole Miss and would currently rank him close to top 10 of NFL HC Salaries.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I think I folks need to make peace with this. He may leave down the road, but it's going have to be the right fit. I doubt he heads to UF, LSU is possible, but he'd probably only leave for Texas or Bama, and I doubt Bama has interest in him. I think Lane would be a great fit a FSU or Miami, but Norvel seems to be in good shape at FSU and Miami isn't, and I doubt it will ever again be, the "U."
ETA - I think Lame would fit in nicely in Nashville, if the Titans make a change.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Lane is going to Flarrda next year. Stop wishing for that before then.
Why would he want to go there given Florida’s tendency for impatience? He could go 8-4 or better for the next couple of decades and never have his head called for. Just looking to understand.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Why would he want to go there given Florida’s tendency for impatience? He could go 8-4 or better for the next couple of decades and never have his head called for. Just looking to understand.
Better program, in FL, etc. He’s already rich so who cares if they fire him. OM loses everybody next year.

Reactions: Coast_Dawg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Wrong. Didn’t they fire cutcliff for going 8-3? Fans are fickle. He went 8-4 regular season two years ago and most fans wanted him gone.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
All these ole miss fans on here talking about how Kiffin would never leave because it’s the best job in the world. Give me a ******* break. GTFOH

Reactions: aTotal360

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Please let this be true. LSU is my 2nd SEC team and I can’t stand Brian Kelly!
I don't care for LSU but I cannot stand Brian Kelly. He always creates a lot of hype with his teams and he somehow never quite seems to deliver at the end.

Reactions: patdog

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Wrong. Didn’t they fire cutcliff for going 8-3? Fans are fickle. He went 8-4 regular season two years ago and most fans wanted him gone.
I don’t see them finding any better than him maybe they have a plan. Time will tell.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s freaking Florida. Easily one of the top 10 jobs in the country & arguably one of the top 5.

Reactions: aTotal360

patdog

May 28, 2007
I doubt Lane is going anywhere. He is winning there and making a fortune. I'm sure he has the run of Oxfart and all the young poon he can handle.
If it’s an elite job, he’ll go. He’s got it rolling in Oxford. He won’t leave unless it’s the NFL or a true national championship program.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If it’s an elite job, he’ll go. He’s got it rolling in Oxford. He won’t leave unless it’s the NFL or a true national championship program.
These coaches do crazy **** tho so you never know. Like bayou Billy. Shoulda stayed in Louisiana. Saban shoulda never went to Miami. Spurrier shoulda never went to Washington. They leave a good situation and wind up fired. But I think it eould have to be something really special for Lane to go. I don't believe he is as ready to jump ship as everybody wants to think.

Reactions: Coast_Dawg

rem101

Jan 22, 2008
I'm not saying he would take the job, but coaches don't view things like that. They each think they have what it takes to win, no matter where, and aren't going in to a job thinking "oh no if I win 8 I'll get fired!".

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login