Who stood out to you on defense?...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I thought Issac Smith had a really good game. Brian Lanier looks like he could end up being a good DB. Donterry Russell is a talent but he is so small. Need to figure out a way to utilize him where his size is not a detriment.

Last edited:

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Kai McClendon looked good when he was in. He will be one of our patented "diamonds in the ruff" that makes it to the NFL.

Nic Mitchell did too.

Reactions: BoDawg.sixpack

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
I thought Issac Smith had a really good game. Brian Lanier looks like he could end up being a good DC. Donterry Russell is a talent but he is so small. Need to figure out a way to utilize him where his size is not a detriment.
Ask me next week. To be honest, it was so boring, I switched to something else after about the third touchdown. Just looked back at the score every now and then. I absolutely hate these games even though I think they are necessary for us.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Ask me next week. To be honest, it was so boring, I switched to something else after about the third touchdown. Just looked back at the score every now and then. I absolutely hate these games even though I think they are necessary for us.
If you thought Saturday was boring, I’d love to hear your opinion on our offense from 2018-2023

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
Isaac Smith and Nic Mitchell stood out to me as positives.

DL is issue as we know. Secondary was never really tested so TBD on them.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Isaac Smith - had to be DPOG
Brandon Jennings
Donterry Russell
Nic Mitchell
Blanton

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Yes, Isaac looks to be the Itawamba Beast at safety. Great energy.

Usually reserved for lineman, but he's my new favorite Dog Defender after week 1.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Yes, Isaac looks to be the Itawamba Beast at safety. Great energy.

Usually reserved for lineman, but he's my new favorite Dog Defender after week 1.
And a salt of the earth grinder like you read about, who also has exceptional talent.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
I thought Issac Smith had a really good game. Brian Lanier looks like he could end up being a good DB. Donterry Russell is a talent but he is so small. Need to figure out a way to utilize him where his size is not a detriment.
Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
This isnt a defensive player, or a player at all...but what I was pleased with was the game management. As we have had to do too many times in the last several years, we had to see how "smooth" the game would flow with a first time head coach. I thought everything looked organized and never saw players out of position. there were no stupid penalties and everything flowed as a game should. This will be key for sustained success in the future. Also gave me optimism for the D-Coordinator going forward, esp once we can recruit some more horses on that side of the ball.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
Donterry Russell stood out to me as well. Definetly has a basketball player build right now though.

DawgsOnTheWing

Sep 26, 2012
Isaac Smith and Bingley-Jones. Was pleased with defensive scheme. Not so pleased with pass rush.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Yeah, I. Smith had a terrific game with double digit tackles. I liked how active Cannon was. I don't know 16 but he was active at LB.

To me some of the guy's in the 4th qtr looked more athletic. I was not impressed with Blanton. He had 0 solos & got caught up alot.

We were very basic on D.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login