Who was the color guy for the baseball TV broadcast last night?

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
That guy was something else. At first he just wasn't very good, then as the blowout ensued he was laughably bad to the point of quite entertaining.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
That guy was something else. At first he just wasn't very good, then as the blowout ensued he was laughably bad to the point of quite entertaining.

I do know that neither of them boys has ever seen a map of Mississippi. Sheesh.

Aug 3, 2011
I do know that neither of them boys has ever seen a map of Mississippi. Sheesh.

Yeah I think the Germantown High School threw them off pretty bad thinking Germantown, TN. Prior to that school opening in 2011 anything mentioning Germantown was always Germantown, TN.

Without knowing I can see making that mistake, problem was they kept talking about it like they knew what they were talking about.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Yeah they even made a comment about it being north of Madison like Madison was just south of Memphis

DawgsOnTheWing

Sep 26, 2012
Yes, it was Ron Swoboda. I got a chuckle when he said we had a hole in the pitching depth to fill from Carlyle koestler.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
One of them, at times, sounded a lot like…ah…ah…Mike Leach! Voice tone was very similar.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
One of them, at times, sounded a lot like…ah…ah…Mike Leach! Voice tone was very similar.
That’s what I said. An unlearned Mike Leach. Some of my favorites.
Corder went to Germantown HS which is just south of Memphis
do we have a 10 run rule? I don’t know.
After talking about an MLB team just buying Sims, he explains that MLB players can’t just buy college players.
At one point he make a comment about a hot shot off the Tabasco sign and was upset the play by play guy didn’t give it more laughs.
Madison in the NW part of the state.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Here are some more:

On Friday night he kept calling Landon Sims, Cade Sims.

He said that Sims moved from closer to starter due to the opening in the rotation after Carmouche transferred from State to Tulane.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login